SAIC is seeking a Security Analyst to join our team. This position can be worked remotely in the Washington D.C. / Northern Virginia / Southern Maryland area. Temporarily, the position is 100% remote due to covid, but will likley return to office one day a week in September. Provide support to Personnel Security for the Department of Homeland Security's S&T Directorate. Specifically, mid-level contractor support is needed to plan and coordinate actions for Personnel Security Entry On Duty (EOD) and suitability processes for both federal and contract DHS employees. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the required skills and experience, must be customer service focused, and able to demonstrate exceptional soft skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate actions for the EOD and suitability processes for both federal and contract DHS employees.
- Create pre-appointment, suitability, periodic reinvestigations and upgrade records for each subject.
- Handle sensitive information needed for suitability requirements.
- Issue and verify new badge request forms as well as coordinate with Access Control for badge sponsorship for applicants outside of the DC Metro area.
- Send eQIP and Contractor fitness invites to new applicants.
- Execute and append all necessary checks for EOD/Suitability for each applicant’s record including accessing CVS, CIS, NCIC, NN16, TECS and JPAS databases as well as retrieving credit reports, fingerprint submissions, and handling the applicant’s eQIP files.
- Order investigations via OPM portal based on each subject’s risk level as determined by their specific position.
- Initiate both investigations and re-investigations. Coordinate with the Office of Personnel Management to submit all required documentation to begin the appropriate investigation, BI, MBI, ANCI, NACI, NACLC, or SSBI.
- Receive, scan and upload completed investigations, transfer files and prep cases for final determinations.
- Provide solutions to specific customer service queries, status checks, eligibility status, as well as explaining the process of pre-appointment and DHS Suitability to the requestor.
- Secure HSDN room to ensure they are used properly as per DHS security guidelines and document access to each room.
- Attend and assist with briefings with new vendors to explain the required security processes for onboarding at DHS. This includes required paperwork and investigations needed to begin work at DHS S&T.
- Bachelors degree and 3 years of experience
- Personnel Security experience
- Knowledge of DHS Personnel Security Division processes and procedures.
- Experience with DHS security guidelines
- Experience with eQIP and its process.
- Experience with and knowledge of investigation types: BI, MBI, ANACI, NACI, NACLC and SSBI.
- Experience with security related databases; CVS, CIS, NCIC, NN16, TECS and JPAS, and OPM portal.
- Experience with Access Control activities.
- Experience in generating briefing materials and participating in presentations.
- Soft Skills: Communication strength in both written & verbal, listening and comprehension. Acknowledges and follows applicable communication channels. Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Customer Service Skills: Intuitive & Action Oriented (exercises initiative)
Organizational & Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills. Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, recognizes time constraints and communicates with internal & external stakeholders and customers. Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.