Job Title: Sr Java Developer / Technical Lead
Job Description: We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Senior Java back-end Developer in support of fast paced concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to develop software for high priority IT systems. Candidate should be able to enhance, innovate, and automate with an objective of increasing the operational effectiveness of an existing production system. The approach should utilize Agile, DevSecOps, and Lean best practices to efficiently and modularly develop, deploy, and operate the target solution
Key Skills: JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Web services (REST Based), Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, JSON, XML, JQuery, Java Script, Splunk, Red Hat Cloud Forms, Open Stack, AWS, Tomcat, SOAP, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, JBoss Application Server
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable software using Java web technologies.
- Demonstrate experience developing enterprise web-based applications.
- Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
- Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
- Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL, MySQL and other RDBMS.
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile Environment and familiarity with tools like Rally and JIRA.
- Develop project and design technical documentation and customer presentations.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with transition plan and approach.
- Provides oversight for the development and transition plans. Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to meet consistent application of customer mission objectives.
- Maintain regular contact with customers. Respond to customer requests promptly. Participate in process reviews to ensure the highest level of process design and process understanding prior to automation.
- Tasks may include developing data models for optimal performance in databases; designing data structures for data interchange; developing metadata structures including dictionaries, taxonomies and ontologies.
- Leveraging domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements and staffing needs for implementation of the transition plan
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team member to review, estimate and elaborate user stories, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in full-stack development with BA/BS degree or 7 years of work experience with Master’s degree.
- IT Strategy and Execution, Management and Technical Leadership, candidate should be able to lead 5 – 10 developers through the stories and follow through to make sure they are done correctly and with high quality.
- Analyze data using Splunk, the log aggregation platform, identified potentials for automated data management and correction, Instana to monitor data flow performance.
- Hands on experience in HTML, Spring/JPA and Hibernate/MyBatis ORM frameworks, JBoss/Fuse.
- J2EE application development experience on JBoss Application Server or other similar J2EE application servers.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards in addition to hands on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis are strongly desired.
- Must also have Unit Testing experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following configuration management tools: GitLab, Subversion and build automation tools such as Ant, Maven, Build Forge or similar.
- Experience in at least one of the following integrated development environments: Eclipse, IBM RAD, JDeveloper, or any IDE.
- Must have expertise in the following skill groups:
- OS and Virtualization: HP-UX/AIX/Linux, Windows, Amazon AMI, VMWare, RHEV
- Database: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Datastax
- Servers: Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, IBM
- Platform/Middleware: JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, SOLR
- Monitoring: Splunk, Instana, TeamQuest, HP Openview
- Programming Languages: Java. C#.NET and C++ are a plus
- Experience with Database Consolidation and/or Separation, Data Migration from one Storage Platform to another.
- Experience working on fast-paced Agile Environment, and ability to manage and proactively take on work and deliver.
- Experience in performing Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.
- Experience with automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, Nexus, and Docker.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
- Knowledge of Java Script including JQuery is a plus.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Cloud Migration, Implementation, AWS Service, System Integration capability.
- AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Clearance: Green Card and US citizen only. Able to obtain Public Trust. Prior or Active Public Trust is a plus
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.