SAIC is seeking a Windows Administrator ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to security policies and organizational values. Technical skills and focus should include the ability to assist with the design, implementation and documentation of Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated technology including virtualization, basic networking, application configuration, and integration with other data center infrastructure such as databases, SANs, and monitoring software. The candidate should have the ability and desire to learn new technologies and should not be limited to only Microsoft Windows operating systems.The candidate must be local to the Kansas City, MO area and there are work from home options due to COVID.
Typical Duties Include:
- Responsible for maintaining a Windows Server 2008R2 domain with multiple site locations
- Responsible for sustaining current operations at geographically dispersed NOCs
- Designing new, innovative solutions for enhanced domain functionality
- Requires a self-starter with a proven track record of successful Windows/VMware infrastructure design, administration, and leadership, in a high visibility role
- Responsible for spearheading innovative technical solutions on a regular basis
- Experience with upgrading to functional domain level 2012R2, VMware 5.5 with emphasis on upgrading to VMware 6
- Comfortable working in a challenging, hands on role while testing and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies as they emerge
- Support systems engineering planning, architectural analysis, trade analysis, systems design, and sustainment activities for customer systems
- Implement and provide technical Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across the system and Joint C4I systems and programs aligning with industry best practices
- Apply expertise in relevant technologies and protocols including reviewing candidate system production architectures, program implementation plans, test plans and results, site integration requirements, and integrated logistics support plans and policies, as they relate to modernization initiatives
- Provide on-site installation support by utilizing the application configuration guide and implementation plan to configure the system applications during the install, configuration, testing, scanning, software updates, patching, and trouble tickets
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain Microsoft Windows Servers 2008R2/2012R2
- Implement, manage, and administrate Microsoft IIS
- Deploy applications in a MS Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2
- Utilize Active Directory Domain 2008R2/2012R2 – Windows domain GPOs and domain administration
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform testing and evaluation support to include technical input to the test request form and IV&V test plan. Support will include participating and supporting testing and evaluation events.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities - configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Support various database environments - MS SQL Server 2008 R2 server environment (MS SQL Server 2012 is a plus), Oracle 10g, 11g, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; 4 Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Active Secret clearance
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) - preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows server (2003, 2008, 2012) platforms
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Security Templates, Configuration and Analysis
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Active Directory including Group Policy Object (GPO) usage
- Exposure to and familiarity with data center design including systems, storage and networking
- A strong sense of urgency including self-governance on task priority
- Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues; resolve problems within established practices
- Ability to keep current on DoD/DoN and industry trends while working independently and as part of a team
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II
- Security + or equivalent at date of hire
- OS training within 30 days after start date
- Windows Server OS or Linux OS training
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.