Job ID: 2206916
Location: REMOTE WORK, WA, United States
Date Posted: May 17, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Azure systems administrator in support of a managed services engagement for a major Public Sector account. The selected candidate will be responsible for building and supporting servers running Windows and Red Hat Linux Operating systems. Key functions include new server builds, day-to-day administration, patching, software installation and upgrades. This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of the Azure infrastructure, as well as participate in the change management and incident response processes. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related layered software packages. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements, promotes and documents standard operating procedures and schedules. Incumbent in this job works closely with Middleware, Database, and Network teams to troubleshoot issues, implement changes, and deploy release packages.
Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years or more experience; Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven skills and working experience with Windows and Red Hat Linux
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment
- Experience with production environments.
- Be well-versed with scripting of Bash, PERL, Ruby, and Python
- Should be a strong team player with knowledge of Java, Tomcat, and JBoss software applications
- Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be available to participate in on-call work on a recurring basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Must be able to pass the California Department of Justice and FBI background check process
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.