SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer with NRO experience to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer as part of an exciting and innovative program. The work will be performed in a customer facility in Springfield, VA. TS/SCI clearance with poly is required.
The space system engineer will join an on-site integrated team of SETAs, FFRDCs and Developers, with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Advise the government in executing enterprise integration, test, and on-orbit operations for an electro-optical asset
- Support system initialization and characterization activities
- Support baseline assessment of system performance and monitoring of system performance over time
- Assist in troubleshooting issues uncovered during initialization, and stay actively involved as new versions of software are released to address discrepancy reports (DRs) uncovered
- Maintain close communications with the program acquisition office and customer engineering organizations providing recommendations
- Analyze and advise on end-to-end space systems architecture changes
- Assist the government overseeing day to day execution of operations and processes to ensure proper attention to health, safety, and effective use of national resources
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
- Demonstrated success providing space vehicle, payload, and ground systems engineering
- GEOINT systems engineering background in space and ground domains
- Technical familiarity with Electro-Optical system payloads and subsystems
- Demonstrated expertise across full systems engineering lifecycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Articulate verbal and written communicator, confident in presenting and explaining recommendations and analyses to all audience levels
- Familiarity with ground processing architectures and image processing algorithms for passive remote sensing systems
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and cloud technologies
- Image processing and digital signal processing experience
- Simulation and modeling experience
- Practical knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Experience defining, designing, developing and testing remote sensing systems or their associated products
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.