The Senior BD Director is directly responsible for overseeing of the account team (comprised of approximately 10 account executives and business development directors) and contributing to the development and management of a robust qualified pipeline focused of services and solutions to the intelligence community. The qualified pipeline must be linked to both near and long term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue. The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the operation, business unit and corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying SAIC offerings to fill gaps, and the ability to develop new solutions. The Senior BD Director works with all individuals on the account team to ensure superior quality of work and successful business outcomes. Developing new opportunities, establishing investment needs, and creating positive business outcomes are primary responsibilities of this position. In addition, extensive industry relationships, understanding of the existing program and teaming environment, and mastery of various facets of customer missions are critical to this position.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of business development and account executives (approx. 10 FTEs) in the identification, development, qualification, prioritization and capture of new opportunities as well as supporting on-going business re-competes.
- This person will act as a ‘player-coach’ who will not only lead and develop a team of growth professionals, but also meet customers and partners and actively participate in key business development efforts, captures and proposals.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience leading BD and capture teams as well as experience in the identification and qualification of large opportunities, excellent industry/customer knowledge, a demonstrated track record of success leading large capture and growth initiatives, and proven success in winning large and complex solutions opportunities.
- This person will be responsible for ensuring business development directors follow SAIC established business development processes. In addition, this person will ensure the account executives have defined roles and responsibilities to increase Pwin for multiple opportunities within the NIC.
- The Senior BD Director will be responsible for ensuring the BD Directors and Account Executives are all contributing to the development and management of a robust qualified pipeline focused of services and solutions to the intelligence community.
- The qualified pipeline must be linked to both near and long term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the operation, business unit and corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying SAIC offerings to fill gaps, and the ability to develop new solutions.
- The Senior BD Director will work closely with account and sector executives to support a healthy pipeline. This role requires occasional travel for conferences and client engagement. In addition, this is a hybrid role allowing flexibility to work from home with an expectation of an average of two days/week in the office (Chantilly, VA).
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- This position requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years prior relevant experience.
- Experience leading a team of business oriented professionals across diverse accounts.
- Excellent communications skills - demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products.
- Strategic thinking, analytical presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong history of growth with experience in identifying and qualifying large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping.
- Proven record of success developing opportunities within the intelligence community (winning single award contracts >$150M).
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competitors, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements.
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance; SCI eligibility is preferred.
- MBA or other relevant Master's degree with 13+ years of experience.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation.
- Possess business and technical vision.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations.
- Experience using and maintaining a CRM tool.
- Current polygraph desired or willingness to sit for polygraph.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.