SAIC has a job opportunity for a USW SCEPS Engineer Principal to support the US Navy’s Undersea Warfare technical community.
This job is 100% REMOTE and can be worked anywhere in the U.S.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Develops static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages for Navy torpedo program systems and subsystems, especially Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS).
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs for Navy torpedo program systems and subsystems, especially Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS).
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication for Navy torpedo program systems and subsystems, especially Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS).
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation for Navy torpedo program systems and subsystems, especially Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS).
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness, especially Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS).
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Develops information, which extends knowledge in a given field.
- Information may form the basis of newly developed concepts, theories, and products.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective.
- Virtually self-supervisory.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Designs research and develops highly advanced new applications resulting in new product/business opportunities for the company.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would have a long-term negative effect on organization's reputation and business posture.
- Serves as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements.
- Prime spokesperson on company's technical capabilities and future directions.
- Often instrumental in attracting and obtaining major new company business.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. - Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience with Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS) technologies for military vehicle applications.
- Must hold US Citizenship
- Must be willing/able to obtain a Secret security clearance
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.