About the SAIC MSI Program
SAIC has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multi-sourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs for the security and integrity of data, databases, information systems, and technology
- Participates in risk management analysis and assists with the creation of business continuity, contingency, and disaster recovery plans
- Develops and executes the testing processes utilized to validate the disaster recovery plans
- Provide information technology infrastructure library (ITIL v4) Service Availability Management of multiple service providers
- Responsible for services delivered on Availability Management assurance and analysis to develop, maintain Availability Plans, which prioritizes, and strategizes IT availability for infrastructure services.
- Determine availability requirements of business areas for existing, new, and enhanced IT computing services.
- Establish baseline measures, key performance indicators (KPIs), and reporting for service availability that reflects business, user, and IT support organization requirements.
- Assess availability of IT infrastructure components, determine impact on services provided to the business, and decide if level of availability is sustainable. If not, recommend the appropriate cost-effective design changes needed to satisfy Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Work to optimize availability of IT infrastructure, systems, and services to meet commitments to clients related to availability target levels in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide a holistic view of client's environment making recommendations to improve overall service availability.
- Participate in Change Management process to assess changes and communicate any risks from an availability perspective.
- Participate in post-incident and problem reviews to assess impact on availability.
- Conduct availability risk assessment for existing services.
- Gather availability data, perform analysis, generate reports, and communications as necessary.
- Monitor, analyze, and proactively address availability issues
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve service availability
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; May consider a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates who have completed ITIL v4 or above are preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, diagnosis, creative problem-solving, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with service level monitoring and reporting tools
- Working knowledge of organizational project management disciplines, tools, and practices
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.