SAIC is seeking an AV Engineer in the DC Metro/Northern Virginia area.
- Serves as an engineer specializing in audio and video hardware, software, networks, and systems.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs AV hardware and software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Supports activities throughout the lifecycle of the AV system (defining requirements, designing solutions, procurement of equipment, installing systems, operating systems in support of the end user, and high level troubleshooting of any system failures.)
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for AV system hardware, software and network architecture.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, of new AV systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Determines AV system user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems and meet users requirements; develops techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; and ensures standards are met.
- Develops, writes, and debugs programming code for control systems (AMX, Crestron, or similar).
- Conducts testing of AV systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of AV systems network, hardware, and software interconnection and interfacing, such as codecs, audio video switchers, AV control systems, AV devices (monitors, microphones, cameras, mixers, amplifiers, etc.), VTC gateways, VTC bridges, video streamers, etc.
- Communicates directly with senior customer leadership clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Ability to develop, write and debugs programming code for control systems (AMX, Crestron, or similar)
- Must be able to maintain TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; At least 5 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.