Competitive salary and $25K sign on bonus being offer for this position!
The Sr. Network Systems Administrator is a crucial part in SAIC’s mission to delivery leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to our customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations. As a member of the Classified IT Operations teams, you will be responsible for the day-to-day and continuous administration, monitoring, and compliance of classified network(s), systems, and services in accordance with customer-defined frameworks (i.e. RMF/NIST800-171).
You will leverage your communication and engagement skills to collaborate with your teammates, who are also highly skilled Administrators, as well as partners and teammates ranging from Engineers, Support Analysts, Security Assessors, and Program Management stakeholders to ensure availability, performance, and quality of the systems/services you maintain.
As the focal point in the Operational Status and needs of the systems/networks/services you Administer, you will be expected to not only provide regular updates (written and in-person), but effectively team with management and stakeholders to plan and execute on pending needs. A particular attention to detail is required to adhere to controls and schedules, while the ideal candidate is also able to be agile; adapting to ad-hoc requests, offering constructive assistance, and being engaged in their own professional development.
Your ability to effectively manage customer demands and the rigors of providing highly compliant, highly available systems and continuous compliance will result in opportunities to regularly participate in working groups to drive innovation, engage with other SME’s in your field and consult with programs/Administrators to solve emerging challenges.
- Responsible for IT Infrastructure operations of assigned/designated work locations and networks as measured by operational uptime/reliability, performance, and compliance.
- Configuring, maintaining, monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of network firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware and software of both juniper and cisco devices.
- Working with other team members to assist with any network needs to include VLAN changes, IP management, and firewall port changes.
- Evaluating network product usability, affordability, functionality, security and performance to assess suitability for integration into classified environment.
- Provide infrastructure support for other IT-related services.
- Coordination, Execution, and/or Support for activities through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates) and lifecycles (e.g. new or updated software, maintenance, changes in policies or procedures, integration of existing hardware/software).
- Identifies areas requiring product improvement, and engages with team members to design, implement, and verify improvement efforts (e.g. upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders resulting in the desired performance improvement/compliance mitigation)
- Maintains full awareness of Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements, interpreting and managing implementations of technology in support of those controls. (STIGs, CONOPS, POA&M, etc.)
- Performs and provides proactive assessments and testing/validation of controls against requirements (self-auditing) to provide continuous assurance
Qualifications - External
- Experience administrating/engineering management of networked deployments of Windows Server/Workstation and Linux Operating systems
- Experience with Cisco and/or Juniper network devices and cable plants, network fundamentals, LAN / WAN technologies, the ISO layer model, TCP/IP, and data communications systems and protocols.
- Experience with packet capture tools and traffic analysis as well as Microsoft Visio.
- Experience managing Identity and Authentication solutions including Active Directory (incl. Group Policy Management), PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments.
- Prior experience reviewing, understanding, and implementing network and security protocols and methods (i.e. 802.1x, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls, IPSEC/TLS, et al) with familiarity of Cisco and Juniper technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, harden and validate compliance across hardware, software, and application layers implementations to satisfy requirements while maintaining functional/operational performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with VMWare hypervisors and architecture and other infrastructures at various levels of convergence (traditional, converged, and hyperconverged).
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Security+ CE certification (minimum) with ability to obtain CISSP or CASP within six months of employment.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience or Masters and 3 years related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-10 years' experience in Network Systems Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- Previous experience designing, deploying, and managing network- and server-based applications and services and processes in Classified, Government, DoD or other similar environments in close conjunction with Compliance/Governance, and Operations teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation or administration guides.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.