SAIC is currently seeking to hire a Senior Systems Administrator - Linux to support the Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES) Program for US Army located in, Aberdeen, Maryland.
About the Program:
The Army Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES Program is a software-based capability that enables the matching of unknown voice samples (collected through a variety of means) to a database of known persons of interests.
The VIBES Server provides biometric speaker identification and voice sample enrollment and matching capabilities in support of the tactical user.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers
- Manages multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware’s ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager
- Manages Cisco network switches including the configuration and maintenance of virtual local area networks (VLANs)
- Supports the Operations team and the customer’s users to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Performs complex software installations and upgrades to the operating systems, system services, application support packages, and application updates for Linux software product deliverables
- Schedules installations, upgrades, and maintains the system hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and IA policies and procedures
- Maintains a schedule of system backups, database archives, and restoration operations
- Provides support to the Operations team and the customer’s users to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Works with the engineering team to plan, implement, and test upgrades to the system hardware and software in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Works with the IA team on security vulnerability and compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Works with the IA team to maintain a Risk Management Framework (RMF) posture and participate in the RMF activities required to achieve and maintain an ATO
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Linux server and workstation system administration including RHEL/CentOS
- Experience in VMware virtual machines, services, and tools i.e. VMWare ESXi
- Experience in the use of Linux scripting languages as well as the development, test, use, and maintenance of scripts on Linux servers
- Experience with PostgreSQL database server and databases
Must have an Active Top Secret/SCI clearance; US Citizenship required.
IAT Level II/8570 compliance – Security + and Computing Environment (CE) Cert
- Experience in Windows server and workstation system administration including Windows server/LDAP/AD
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools, i.e. release planning, sprints, daily standup, backlog refinement, Jira and Confluence
- Preferred familiarity with the following SW and applications:
- Amazon Web Services - VPC, EC2, RDS, Console
- Command line - comfortable with Windows and Linux OS
- Experience with Information Assurance vulnerability scanning tools including Nessus and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Experience in the interpretation of IA vulnerability and compliance and scan reports and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for IA compliance
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Experience with the Java runtime environment and the Java programming language and tools on Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with the Android OS on mobile devices including the installation and maintenance of software, tools, and licenses
- Experience with system acceptance testing (SAT), operational test readiness review (TRR), and discrepancy reporting (DR)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.