SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior System Administrator!
This role may offer a temporary hybrid remote schedule due to Covid-19, but could be asked to return full time to the office at the request of the customer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support engineering and tier 2/3 O&M for systems administration of cloud (AWS) and on-prem resources.
- Provide Tier II/III Support to include in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues
- Support remediation of patch and package installation failures, installing or removing patches, and proactively maintaining and monitoring system compliance
- Perform O&M activities related to systems management, maintenance, engineering changes, upgrades, and remediation of potential security vulnerabilities.
- Support A&A efforts working with Security Engineers to attain and maintain ATO status.
- Development of systems administration processes for 24/7 Operations personnel.
- Support Configuration and Change Management processes to obtain approval and document system modifications and software/patch deployments.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- 5 years’ experience as a hands-on systems engineer.
- Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment, have good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have good interpersonal skills, be a quick learner, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Hands-on experience with engineering and administrations of systems/tools with subject matter expertise being in server security, server performance for both cloud and on-prem servers.
- Basic knowledge of network and network device characteristics.
- Experience with Microsoft Server systems administration
- Experience with cloud systems administration
- Hands-on experience supporting requirements gathering, systems development, systems testing, deployment and customer acceptance
- Must be able to support the generation of documented processes and procedures for use by operations personnel.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Hardware/Software Change and Configuration Management Processes
- Must have strong communication skills with both Technical and Non-Technical personnel.
- Basic familiarity with databases querying (basic SQL expertise or learning).
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Hands-on experience engineering/supporting systems on Windows Server Platforms
- Hands-on experience engineering, configuration and administrating network security, monitoring, and configuration management clients.
- Advanced Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+) and training in enterprise systems and/or tools
- Experience supporting Department of State, other Federal, or DoD systems on both unclassified and classified networks
- Powershell scripting
- VSphere experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.