SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation.
This is a FLEXWORK role that requires the ability to go onsite 1 day a week.
- Execute and coordinate upgrades, patching, and operations of network infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network applications and services.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly checks and routine maintenance tasks such as version upgrades, configuration, operational tuning, and vendor patching for all network equipment in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Recommend, plan, and execute configuration change(s) as required for operational requirements for the network routers, switches, firewalls, and appliances.
- Coordinate relevant support and troubleshooting activities with department partners and vendors. This will include coordination with both private sector vendors and other Government agencies.
- Assist in development of system alerts for monitoring of services within the IOD supported network and the associated hardware systems.
- Perform all functional checks, troubleshooting, operational and administration tasks on managed network and network security infrastructure supporting hosted services or transport to customers and external providers.
- Work with vendors as required to resolve hardware and software OS failures for support of network systems.
- Configure VPNs per government specified security practices including configuring router and switch ports as part of a virtual network to support encryption or encapsulation, assigning IP addresses, and adjusting firewall rules.
- Provide a weekly report on overutilization of operational systems such as WAN links, server components, network routers and switches, based on specified thresholds to the identified location.
- Perform capacity management, performance tuning, and operating system optimization with other team members as required.
- Configure devices to the appropriate DISA STIG (security technical implementation guide) or another approved hardening guide; respond to security audits or assessments and correct configurations to meet policy or standards.
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis to troubleshoot infrastructure hardware, software, or end user services using appropriate diagnostic tools, log review, and administrative consoles to determine root cause and remediation of service delivery issues or degradation
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience
- 10+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Solid understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
- Experience implementing large enterprise/global network solutions
- Expert experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
- Expert experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR/Nexus)
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills
- Familiarity with current trends in cloud computing, and network automation/programmability
- Ability to adhere to NIST standards
- DoD 8570 IAT III compliance (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP)
- Must have CCNP Enterprise or Route+Switch or equivalent certification
- Must hold active Secret clearance.
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
- Experience with network monitoring tools (NetVCR, NeuralStar, HPNA, Nagios)
- Experienced with Dept of Defense’s Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet)
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.