Job Description: SAIC is seeking a Director of Finance to support our $1.5B Space Business Unit (BU) within the National Security & Space Sector. This role will provide complete leadership responsibility for the finance teams within the BU across 3 different accounts (Civil Space, Defense Space, and Intel Space), aid in implementing strategy into execution, and assist the BU SVP in effective business management of the BU. The person in this role will work closely with the senior business and operations team of the Space BU, the National Security and Space Sector, and other functional areas of the finance organization
This role reports to the Vice President of Finance for the National Security and Space Sector.
This position allows for 100% remote but will travel to Reston as needed.
- Manage a team of ~ 50 business finance professional staff to ensure contractual compliance, cost management, budget development, and proposal support.
- Provide recommendations and execute plans to improve financial processes and improve BU business process capabilities.
- Track performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Fee, Bookings, Indirect Spend, Cash, DWC, and DSO.
- Provide specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction, profit, and process improvements.
- Support key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business’s key metrics.
- Directly interface with various functions within the Sector and serve as a resource to various stakeholders.
- Responsible for financial performance of the operating unit to include Long Range Plan, monthly forecasts, and FP&A activities.
- Support long-term strategic planning, including process development, presentation creation, and partnering between finance and strategy.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern identified in a timely manner to both operational and financial leadership.
- Support the Business Units leadership team with data-driven analysis.
- Provide guidance and oversight to personnel on company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations as they relate to business operations and to all phases of project management.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and support to the NSSS Finance VP and/or CFO for efficient and effective business operations. May provide assistance in budgeting, financial reporting, and cost control.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience in financial management or business operations.
- Must have Government contracting experience, including leading and managing large financial operations or portfolios.
- Relevant experience in the National Security market community is preferred.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and/or joint ventures is preferred.
- Experience in services and manufacturing is preferred.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with BU leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal customers.
- Eligibile to obtain a government security clearance
Target salary range: More than $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.