SAIC is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support the Strategic Hardware Systems contract developing mechanical systems, equipment and packages in Crane, IN.
- Develops static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- LIASION: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Provide direct support to the program manager on technical issues.
- Prepare variance documentation as required to address TDP or manufacturing issues.
- Support vendor and sub-contractor variance and or ECP efforts to gain government approval.
- Maintain dialog with program management and integration team staff to resolve technical issues.
- Support the generation of reports for engineering studies and investigations relating to identified technical issues impacting the program.
- Review and approve technical deliverables to the government for accuracy, clarity, and recommended acceptance.
- Support the review of drawings and specifications in support of procurement actions to ensure vendors are; properly qualified, responsive, understand the nuances of the product, and have mitigated fabrication risk.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors in an Engineering related field with two (2) or more years of experience or a Master’s degree and 0 years’ experience.
- Experience working on hydraulic systems, understanding hydraulic pressure and tempering processes in manufacturing.
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to complete tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.