SAIC is hiring a Technical Support III to join our team in Elkhorn, Nebraska.
Resolve the required goal of 125 tickets monthly
Milestones are a minimum of 32 tickets weekly (approximately 7 per day)
Utilize Knowledge Base articles, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP), Standard Operating Procedures to resolve end users issues
Installing software verify that it has a certificate to operate/certificate of net-worthiness
Update all newly assigned tickets immediately from OPEN to ACKNOWLEDGED status
Know and apply 3-2-5 process (see training documentation)
Keep all tickets up to date. Changing status as needed
- Keep managers informed of any appointments and/or duty time off.
- VPN (work from home) is acceptable on a case-by-case basis only [coordinate approval prior with appropriate RM, Asst. Dep. Director, Deputy Director; (i.e. during inclement weather, facility maintenance (power/electric)
- Check and respond to email (Outlook, SAIC and/or company specific) regularly throughout the work day
- Log into Microsoft Lync Communicator daily (when you have access) show status
- Communicate with your RM regularly throughout the work day
- Complete required training and obtain/maintain CompTIA Security+/ITIL v3 Foundation Certification (within 60 days of start date)
- You may be assigned to a team with a team leader who will assist with directing team assignments (assigning tickets, and providing technical guidance and/or training at discretion of RM)
Alternate Schedule / Weekend Work:
- Each Region will, at a minimum, employ one (1) Technician every weekend for support. During this period the Technician will perform Tier 1 duties.
- During small BAWs; the Technician will support Tier II requirements, unless support is required for T1.
- Weekend work hours are the same as the technicians regular scheduled weekly work hours
- Communication standards are consistent throughout
- Tier 2 technicians will login to the Phone Web Client during the weekend and monitor call volume and assist when needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; OR, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
Prior IT Helpdesk / Desktop Support / Field Technician experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.