SAIC is actively seeking a Solution Architect to join our team in support of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense/ Readiness (OASD(R)) Force Readiness (FR) Deputy Assistant Secretary Defense (DASD), Chief of Staff (CoS), and Assistant Secretary Defense (ASD) in Washington D.C.
The position would be primarily telecommuter position, but travel to Washington D.C. would be required to support customer requirements as needed. The SA would provide direct support of a program study and assessment and would conduct market research to improve future state of a DoD IT system.
- Supporting the development of a project plan, identify key stakeholders, develop research question(s), and support the information gathering effort to prepare for a large assessment of a DoD IT Program.
- Conduct internal and external interview of IT professionals currently supporting the DoD program and determine all potential stakeholders involved in the DoD IT system, would review initial data and documentation, and support the development of initial findings in presentation format.
- This would be inclusive of drafting papers to support COAs, providing blueprint or technology roadmaps, providing current and future state assessments, supporting briefing and socialization of COAs to senior leaders.
- Collaborate with business development, capture, proposal, and other team members to optimize our proposed solutions.
- Coordinates with team member technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating.
- Writing and reviewing proposals.
- Meeting with customers on SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions for business development and capture efforts.
- Providing solution-related technical support after award as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years of experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Strong in multiple IT domains (i.e. Software, Network, Cyber, etc).
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps process
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities and a strong work ethic with the ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment
- Experience with architecting and building applications/systems
- Demonstrated experience with complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with application servers (i.e. Apache, WebLogic, Wildfly, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with .NET or JAVA frameworks
- Experience writing code using secure coding practices
- Cybersecurity methods, process, and accreditation experience
- System based open architecture experience
- Cloud implementation experience
- Database technology experience (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
Required Security Clearance:
- Required secret clearance with the ability to obtain a top secret clearance
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.