SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
We are seeking a Data Manager to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives.
Typical duties of the Data Manager include:
- Develop, maintain, and oversee execution of Data Management Processes including Data Development and Integration (DDI), Data Operations Management (DOM), and Data Quality Management (DQM).
- For DDI, analyze, design, build, test, deploy, operate, and maintain solutions, capabilities, and services to meet data needs, including requirements analysis and design, implementation, and maintenance of data layer related solution components. Working with Team data architect and software developers deploys a data layer accessed via version-controlled Application Programming Interface (API). The Data Manager supports the Team Data Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, and System Integrator to capture data requirements and deliver data models and specifications, design a variety physical databases (graph, noSQL, RDBMS) and deliver associated data definition (e.g., data definition language [DDL], and XML schemas), integration services ETL) design specifications, and data conversion designs.
- For DOM, plan, control, and support data operations for assets across the information lifecycle to meet database and data store requirements. Support defining server, network, and capacity requirements; maintain database assets with troubleshooting and technical support; decommission databases; and support procurement activities. Coordinate, schedule, implement, and test database tuning and reorganization to meet capacity, performance, and back-up and restoration activities. Translate objectives (Recovery Point, Recovery Time) into operational solution. Perform routine maintenance including cycled backups, media rotation, restore activities when requested, monitor backup/restore progress, plan, control, and manage the archival, retrieval, and purging of data assets according to archival policies, define storage and security attributes of archives. Control mechanisms, security (including encryption), scripts and restart mechanisms for file transfers across Client infrastructure or external parties.
- For DQM, plan, implement, and control DQM techniques to measure, assess, improve, and ensure the fitness of data for use. Monitor, profile, analyze, and assess data quality. Identify and resolve data quality issues by correcting data defects and supporting root cause analysis.
- Active TS/SCI clearance; CI poly preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.