SAIC has an opening for an Application Engineer Level I (EDI) will be required to respond to end-user requests for assistance in the operation and functionality with both Tier I and Tier II level support with EDI transactions using the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 Finance and Supply Chain standards. Excellent customer service skills and critical thinking required to be successful. The candidate must be able to assist in clearing Tier 1 and Tier 2 trouble tickets. The candidate must be able to effectively interact with the customer/ user and be able to refer ongoing or unresolved issues to the appropriate technical, analysis, assurance, or engineering support team. The candidate must possess effective communication skills, have an attention to detail, and be willing to work as part of an integrated team consisting of both Government and contractor personnel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Provide first level of support for EDI transaction and system failures
- Provide excellent customer service experience
- Provide second level of support for EDI transaction and system failures
- Experience in SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Understanding the Financial procurement process
- Basic understanding of various communication methods / protocols, e.g. sFTP, AS2 and Value Added Network (VAN)
- Monitor EDI transactions, troubleshoot errors identify and resolve problems related to EDI processes and applications.
- Maintain and Support processing of EDI transactions using the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12, Finance and Supply Chain standards, 850,855,810,856,811 860,865, 820, and 832 transaction sets.
- Perform application monitoring across various platforms such as Mainframe, Windows/Linux Servers and Cloud to ensure they are running as scheduled.
- Work closely, coordinate and communicate with customers, vendors and trading partners (e.g. commercial vendors, utility providers), IT and change requestors. Log requests in ServiceNow or other ticketing systems
- Monitor EDI team mailbox, respond to requests and file correspondence accordingly.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and triage for production issues to resolve, document results of triage on trouble ticket, and escalate to Tier Two when unable to resolve issues.
- Update and provide weekly/monthly incident and EDI Transaction and volume reports.
- Provide support to all client issues and document standard operating procedures according to data requirements. Prepare all documents according to required guidelines, update and create procedures to keep documentation current.
- Provide ticket statuses to customers or requestors on a regular interval until ticket is resolved.
- Able to identify and organize tickets according to priority, and close tickets within SLA.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documentation following system outages and critical incidents.
- Coordinate activities including on-time delivery, testing and production deployments.
- Participate in change management, disaster recovery and production support operations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline and five (5) years' experience in the EDI Healthcare field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience providing services to the federal government and/or the Dept. of Veterans' Affairs is preferred
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.