SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to join our PMO team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Project Manager has primary responsibility for managing the transition of complex projects associated with the integration of new IT Infrastructure vendors, and overseeing and managing the operational aspects of ongoing projects, and serving as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
*Candidates must be local or commutable to the Richmond, VA area.
This person will be responsible for:
- Establishing project management principles consistent with the Commonwealth standard policies, procedures, standards, and toolsets which leverages best practices,
- Mentoring and supporting project teams, enhancing consistency, providing benchmarks, reducing risks, and enhancing quality across projects.
- Reporting on program level schedule, quality, and adherence to agreed upon standards.
- Developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and customers.
- Ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Using and applying industry practices, techniques, and standards in project management.
- Recommending changes to team policies as necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more of related experience.
- PMP Certification Or Ability to Obtain Commonwealth of Virginia Project Management Certification
- ITIL Certification Preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio (preferred), SharePoint, and Adobe Products.
- Prior experience working with ServiceNow project scheduling function preferred.
- Prior experience working with or for a Commonwealth of VA Agency or VITA desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and project scheduling.
- Prior experience working in or supporting a PMO
- Significant experience in supervising Project Analysts, supporting project scheduling and managing projects
- Significant experience developing risk management and mitigation planning
- Significant experience supporting project scheduling and managing projects
- Prior experience in Supplier Management
- Experience working in ITSM
- Prior experience working with ServiceNow
- Prior experience developing OLAs, Governance, Policy, and Procedures.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.