SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking a Digital Engineering (DE) Data Architect who possess demonstrated end-to-end data architecture, design, framework, modeling, integration and management skills in Digital Engineering environment to bring major space systems and associated ground elements from concept to an operational enterprise.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Serves as the data architecture expert, responsible for the design and architecture of the program’s data flow and framework.
- Develop program’s data strategy, concepts, principles, and the implementation of data modeling, design, and data management.
- Perform analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems
- Performing analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues
- Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel
- Responsible for data security and governance: implement repeatable processes, develop roles, policies, standards, and metrics that ensure the effective and efficient use of data/information.
Areas of Technical Interest:
- Digital Engineering and Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Data Analytics and Visualization
- Statistics and Operations Research
- Satellite systems
- Processing data
- Orbit determination
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 14+ years work experience strongly desired; 9+ years of related experience in systems engineering required
- 5 + years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer or related role developing ETL.
- 5 + years of experience using and ingesting data into SQL and NoSQL database systems
- 5+ years of experience developing data models (conceptual, logical, physical)
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining data processing flows
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite
- Strong background and experience with Digital engineering, developing data architectures using digital modeling and simulations
Solid understanding of various data infrastructure and how different systems interact
Familiarity in developing ontology and taxonomy and its applicability in data exchange, integration, and management
Deep expertise in large data volume and structure with complex patterns supporting various points of the Digital Engineering lifecycle
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cameo DataHub, Syndeia, ModelCenter, Protégé, Python, R, SQL, postgreSQL
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Data Lake concepts for reporting, analytics, and data mining
- Experience with development of project work plans, milestone tracking, and coordination of efforts
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, and able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Effective communication working in diverse teams.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.