SAIC is seeking an AEGIS Baseline Manager with combat systems experience to join our team in Washington, D.C. or Dahlgren, VA.
As part of an Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the AEGIS Manager will help manage the development of an AWS Baseline (BL). In this role, the AEGIS Baseline Manager will provide direct support the respective AEGIS BL Assistant Program Manager (APM) at the Washington Navy Yard, working with other contractors and PEO IWS 1.0 program branches, such as Ship Integration and Test, Computing Infrastructure, Test and Evaluation, and Systems Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing program reviews and lead program management team meetings. Coordinate scheduling, VTC, briefs, agendas, minutes, office supplies and all materials and services needed to conduct an effective meeting. Facilitate meetings with Navy leadership, field activities, vendors and support organizations. Represent the customer at technical and acquisition forums while taking meticulous notes and action item lists.
- Facilitating land based test site planning, scheduling and execution. Work with test personnel at NSWC Dahlgren, VA; Combat Systems Engineering Development Site at Moorestown, NJ; and Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island, VA supporting sea-based testing on AEGIS cruisers and destroyers.
- Updating the BL Integrated Master Schedule on PowerPoint. Coordinate scheduling of tests, sea trials, deliver dates, systems engineering and acquisition milestones.
- Managing programmatic risks for BL configurations, host Risk Advisory Boards, and Risk Reduction Meetings. Facilitating Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) boards such as IPRs or Software Increment Reviews (SWIR).
- Managing the BL’s System Requirements Verification Matrix (SRVM).
- Coordinating BL development budgets and Task Planning Sheets.
- Evaluating Commercial Off the Shelf SW, processors, peripherals and displays for future BLs.
- Reviewing Computer Program Correction Reports (CPCR), determine priorities and implement BL solutions. Work with sailors, fleet representatives, developers and prime vendors (e.g., LMCO).
- Working with cyber experts to help develop AEGIS BL cybersecurity controls.
- Applying advanced virtualization and Agile SW development concepts to BL development.
- Managing Combat System Engineering Agent (prime vendor/OEM) contracts.
- Coordinating Vertical Launch System (VLS) waivers, Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) approvals, and AEGIS Combat System (ACS) authorizations for various shipboard events.
- Coordinating AWS certification with various stakeholders including Program Resource Acquisition Managers.
- Transitioning BL management to an in service status.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s degree and three (3) years or more experience. Four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Five years’ experience with the AEGIS Weapon System or similar Integrated Combat System in the supporting program office, prime vendor or as an operator or maintainer.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written) applicable to high-level Military, Government, and Contractors.
- Must have excellent MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Solid staff officer capabilities, attention to detail, ability to work in a demanding environment to produce quality results.
- Ability to run a productive meeting and to help guide a diverse integrated team of various stakeholders (contractors, developers, testers, government sponsors, technical warrant holders) toward a path of success.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active clearances accepted.
- Experience identifying financial, personnel and IT resource requirements, conducting market research of tools and computing infrastructure, executing trade studies and drafting vendor contract requirements.
- AEGIS Combat Systems engineering or maintenance experience, especially related to the AEGIS computing infrastructure or the AEGIS Computer program.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems experience, preferably along the lines of a Tactical Action Officer, Combat Systems Officer, Systems Test Officer, or Combat Systems Maintenance Manager.
- Any type of IT knowledge to support development of this IT centric combat system.
- DAWIA qualifications at any level or area.
- Understanding of USN programming, budgeting and/or execution, and Finance experience of any kind.
- Civilian, contractor or military US Navy experience at sea or in a position directly supporting the fleet or the development of the fleet; providing for relative operational experience.
- Acquisition Program office experience, preferably within PEO IWS, PEO SHIPS or PEO C4I. Experience within NAVSEA would be preferable to other Systems Commands (SYSCOMS).
- Warfare Center experience (e.g., NSWC Dahlgren Division, NSWC Port Hueneme Division).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.