SAIC is seeking a Program Security Officer (CPSO)/Facility Security Officer (FSO) located in El Segundo, CA to support multiple programs/customers within the Security Organization. This position will assist with preparation of security plans, reviewing applicable guidelines, and established procedures for all areas of security to include Personnel Security, Information Security, Physical/Technical Security, Classification Management, Communication Security (COMSEC), and Program Security.
Key duties and/or responsibilities:
- Perform security pre-screening on all potential employees, subcontractor and consultants
- Initiate, maintain and terminate personnel security clearances in government databases, such as the Defense Information Security Services (DISS) or the legacy Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)
- Prepare, process and maintain personnel security packages for Special Access Programs (SAPs)
- Conduct security indoctrination briefings and debriefings
- Present Security Awareness Training and Education (SATE) briefings
- Process pre and post foreign travel requests and perform foreign travel briefings
- Create and maintain personnel folders
- Investigate security incidents and violations; prepare reports of investigations for the corporation and customers, making specific recommendations for corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare Security Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlining customer guidelines and establishing procedures for the handling, storing, and transportation of program assets
- Prepare Systems Security Plans (SSPs) and Fixed Facility Checklists (FFCs) in accordance with customer guidelines
- Assist with document control, program asset management and accountability
- Process visit authorizations, personnel access requests
- Assist with meeting preparation, employee and visitor badging, circulation control and general facility management duties
- Assist with management of classified information systems
- Perform weekly information systems audits and validate all security controls have been implemented
- Assist system administrator with decommissioning of systems
- Assist with proposal development
- Perform duties of COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO)
- Prepare DD-254s
- Perform administrative and general office duties as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9 years or more of related experience; Masters and 7 years or more experience ; PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience. 4 years of experience in Lieu of bachelor's degree
- Qualified applicants must possess an active TS/SCI clearance and be either have or are willing to undergo polygraph examinations
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) / Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) with a focus on ICD 705/Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), Executive Orders, etc.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills/briefing skills; communicate with senior level leaders, internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and independent decision making with minimal direct supervision while representing the security organization
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are critical to the success of this position
- Must have ability to obtain/maintain a TS//SCI clearance w/polygraph
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (MSWord, Excel, Power Point)
- Security+ CE certification desired
- Experience utilizing customer databases such as JPAS, Scattered Castles and APICs
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to support other locations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.