SAIC is seeking a Database Architect to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This will be a hybrid remote position with a minimum of three days a week on site at the SAIC office in Crane.
- Work alongside the software development team as lead data architect to deploy and operate our systems
- Deliver data products and enhance the systems for enterprise Government systems
- Effectively collaborate with the development team and communicate with Government customers.
- Evaluate data sources and develop architectures to consolidate and cleanse data in a cloud based enterprise system
- Achieve authorization to operate that allows seamless integration to other software technologies for data analytics.
- Design, implement and optimize architecture for sharing data and artifacts between programs in the AWS or Azure Cloud environment that ensures data integrity and security
- Design and implement architectures to facilitate application of AI / ML concepts
- Use Agile Development methods
- Use CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins, Sonarqube
- Demonstrate experience developing and supporting solutions in one or more of the following categories where explicit tools are representative but not exhaustive:
- Multilayer Security protocols, zero trust, and IAM solutions
- AWS/Azure/GCP IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementation experience
- Containerization (Rancher, K8s, Kubernetes)
- SQL and NoSQL databases like SQL Server, MariaDB , PostgreSQL, Redis, and Neo4J
- AI is also encouraged
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLERANCE:
- Preferred MS or Ph.D. in a related field. Must hold a Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in computer science, information systems, Mathematics, MIS or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience performing duties outlined above with progressive responsibility
- Self-starter, independent worker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate our systems
- Ability to adapt to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance. Preferred Active DoD Security Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.