SAIC is seeking a Project Manager providing engineering and technical support services to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) at the warfare center, test facilities, prime contractor facilities, and in the field. This position will provide support to Radar Systems Division B40 Division.
Work will be performed onsite in Dahlgren, VA.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award in Fall of 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the research, development, analysis, test and evaluation of exploratory, advanced and engineering development radar systems
- Manage radar development support and software support agent functions for the development and acquisition of new radar systems and the continuing spiral development of existing radar systems
- Coordinate testing and evaluation through all phases of acquisition, with a shift in emphasis to analysis and system expertise during formal Developmental and Operational Testing
- Provide worldwide quick reaction support to the fleet by troubleshooting, evaluating performance, and modifying existing radars
- Develop Project schedules and documentation to support Radar Development
- Work with teams to execute and document projects as they move through the Radar Development process.
- Document and mitigate the risks associated with each project
- Design, format, and edit documents specific to project deliverables
- Prepare briefing slides and artifacts (project concepts, charters, project plans, schedules) as needed to prepare for the major milestones associated with each project
- Track project schedule to ensure milestones are met on time or adjusted as required if external factors impact project schedules
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, business or technical discipline.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience, including ten (10) years of demonstrated management experience or project level management in DoD major systems.
- Solid technical background as demonstrated by certifiable experience interfacing effectively with customers and delivering quality products on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the program acquisition life cycle process as addressed in the DoD 5000 series instructions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), DoD regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, cost and schedule estimating, systems disciplines, engineering specifications and commercial practices relating to weapon systems procurement and production
- Demonstrated experience as primary point of contact for Contractor’s tasking, including formulating, guiding, and directing the technical approach, defining and negotiating with field activities and program office personnel for necessary resources, and establishing and controlling technical milestones, schedules, and costs for day-to-day execution
- Demonstrated experience as a program manager leading a team of skilled professional, technical, and support personnel
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.