SAIC is seeking an entry level RF/RADAR Engineer to assist in executing programs associated with laboratory and field measurements of foreign RF missile systems.
- Projects and activities include- Foreign materiel exploitation, laboratory testing of threat systems or system components, operational field testing of threat systems or system components, automated data acquisition with laboratory instruments and data acquisition systems, data reduction and analysis, and laboratory design, development and operation.
- Participate in the design and analysis of passive and active RF components such as transmission lines, antennas, filters, buffers and matching circuits.
- Calculate RF path losses/gains and space losses, convert RF units of measure, and troubleshoot and repair in-field test environments.
- Candidate will assist with setting up, calibrating, documenting, and verifying the proper operation of a wide range of complicated and/or specialized RF test setups.
- U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI and be able to pass a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph within 2 years of hire date.
- Start date is contingent on receiving a Secret clearance.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific. Must have taken classes in radar, antenna, communications systems and electromagnetics.
- Preferred MS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields. Must have taken classes in advanced radar, RF signal processing, microwave theory, microwave engineering, antennas, receiver design and applied electromagnetics.
- Experience with Network Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Power meters, 40 Ghz RF generators
- Familiarization with Radar Cross Section (RCS) signature and antenna pattern characterization measurements is desired.
- Experience with system, subsystem, and component open-loop, closed-loop, direct-inject, and open air measurements.
- Experience operating and maintaining an anechoic chamber
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.