SAIC currently seeking an experienced ServiceNow Engineer with strong knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery. Must have the ability to manage and control the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and ensure the accuracy of configuration data and proper reporting. Will also work with a diverse team to develop and maintain applications such as ServiceNow HAM, SAM, ITSM, ITAM, and ITOM as well as creating custom applications. This role is fast paced and will provide the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects on the highly visible ServiceNow Platform team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the skills and experience necessary to:
- Plan, manage and control the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure the accuracy of configuration data and proper reporting and status accounting
- Work with stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all CI’s are up-to-date
- Continuous improvements for the automation and maintenance of non-discoverable data attributes including integration of other asset management systems as required
- Conduct data quality analysis, provide recommendations to address data quality issues, and manage the implementation of approved recommendations
- Manage Configuration Item review attestations to ensure accuracy and completeness of undiscoverable configuration items maintained within the CMDB
- Consult with groups outside of the ServiceNow development team that would like to use or integrate with ServiceNow CMDB.
- Assisting in developing standard IT configuration management methodology
- Supports the Configuration manager in the development of CMDB policy, processes and knowledge base
- Works with the Configuration management team, to improve CI data integrity regarding classes, naming conventions, attributes, data sources, and relationships
- Working with Cross-functional teams with multiple product owners
- Assists Configuration management in conducting configuration audits and reconciliation
- Maintains CIs to ensure CMDB accuracy and completeness
- Drives visibility on unauthorized CI changes or alterations to environment
- Works with other ITSM processes to understand new requirements and identify how Configuration management can support
- Support and administer the tool for configuration and asset management, ServiceNow Discovery, and additional applications or modules as assigned
- Perform SDLC activities required to enhance the Service Now platform
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SAM and HAM policies, procedures and best practices
- Expert knowledge of IT Configuration and Asset Management processes.
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB.
- 5 plus years ServiceNow experience with a focus on IT Service Management (ITSM).
- 4 years’ experience with the ServiceNow CMDB and how it supports other ITSM processes (e.g.: Incident, Problem, Change, and Asset Mgt
- Proficient in Java script, Angular JS, or other related languages and libraries, Python, PowerShell, integrations with webservices (SOAP and REST), and comfortable with API usage.
- Works well in a team environment and is comfortable with an extremely fast pace, switching priorities, and multitasking.
- Proficient in literary skills for professional emails and documentation
- Expert analysis, trouble shooting, technical and non-technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have advanced organizational, project management and client interfacing skills.
- Understanding of ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping tools
- Solution Oriented mind set & be able to provide recommendations for the current and future platform.
- Familiar with the processes that consume CMDB data e.g. Incident, Problem, SDLC, Asset, and Change
- Excellent analytical, and problem solving skills on maintaining CMDB data integrity.
- Able to generate reports for KPIs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration, customer service, and communication skills to work in a team environment.
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4 certification
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.