The CyBE&R IT Disaster recovery specialist's role is primarily technical, but communication skills needed to effectively collaborate with business stakeholders and other recovery team members are also required. A successful IT disaster recovery specialist will be able to translate business recovery plans into actionable test scripts under the direction of more-senior team members and IT SMEs (for example, the BE&R and other Cybersecurity tower directors, IT Tower VPs and directors, Program and Corporate, and Innovation Factory leadership, the C-Suite and their direct reports, et al leadership and senior level enterprise SMEs with disaster recovery program leadership / expertise roles and responsibilities).
Primarity Responsibilities & Activities:
- Design, prepare and execute DR Tests as well as serve as an active participant in all IT DR test activities. The person who fills this position is expected to collaborate with corporate functional and business unit staff and key IT staff members for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling and maintaining an effective IT DRM testing plan
- A true business leader, not simply an IT or other operational specialist — strong leadership and communication skills are essential criteria for this position, because the IT DR program leader's success depends heavily on cooperation and commitment from every level of SAIC’s business, and from personnel in many different roles. Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises
- Assist with the design and implementation of SAIC enterprise wide business resilience (BR) and IT DRM frameworks and programs, including policies, maturity models, methodologies, sourcing strategies, plans, metrics and scorecards for all components of the program
- Coordinate, assess and communicate resilience and IT DRM requirements and objectives associated with the current IT infrastructure environment, and participate in new activities with appropriate technology groups, resulting in recommendations to enable timely, effective decisions regarding IT infrastructure disaster recovery planning and execution
- Perform as a member of the IT DRM team for projects that are specific to the evaluation and application of technologies, such as storage mirroring, replication, virtual tape libraries, deduplication technology, public Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)-based network services and infrastructure management software automation
- Perform capacity planning in regards to IT infrastructure failure, resilience, and recovery scenarios with key IT technology groups in support of specific business units' current, planned and new initiatives, with a major focus on proactively ensuring an adequate IT DRM network and IT processing environment, as well as accurate and predictive budgeting
- Assist with the execution of the IT DR plan(s) when a business or IT operations disruption occurs, in coordination with other members of the IT DRM team
- Participate in the assessment of a potential disruption in service to help the CISO / CSO determine if and when to declare a disaster
- Experience with the testing of emergency response, IT recovery support and business resumption procedures.
- The IT DR specialist must be prepared to be on call at any time, and will also be periodically expected to work off-hours to support disaster recovery test activities
- Takes day-to-day direction from senior members and manager of the BE&R team
- Bachelors and 14+ years of experience; Masters and 12+ years of experience; PhD or JD and 9+ years of experience
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current IT DR planning techniques and technologies, as well as knowledge of the methods used in performing risk analyses and cross functional business impact analysis
- Working knowledge of data and voice telecommunications to assist in the preparation of related recovery procedures and knowledge and understanding of current IT DR planning techniques and technologies, as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Ongoing active participation in IT DRM, forums and / or BCM and BR professional bodies, such as Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI) Business Continuity Management, International Standard ISO 22301: 2012, Business Continuity Management Systems, ITILv4 , et al
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of IT DRM industry technologies, trends and best practices
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) DRI, C/DRE, EDRP or other related ITIL v4, CISM, CISSP, CRISC IT DRM comparable certifications as appropriate
- At least 10 years of experience in implementing DR plans, including:
- Policy, organization and architecture development
- Data center infrastructure development and management
- Backup, recovery, storage systems and IT security management
- Vendor management of external DR service providers
- Recovery strategy development, and multiple plan development and maintenance
- Recovery plan testing
- Minimum of five years of organizational management experience, including:
- Proven strategic leadership and relationship management capabilities, including experience with internal stakeholders — particularly senior and LOB management, as well as customers, external business partners and third-party service providers
- Proven competency in executing large projects, on time and within budget, with business and IT personnel
- Experience leading and managing high-performance multidisciplinary workgroups or teams to meet goals across multiple projects
- Experience in creating and defining new operational models and procedures, and explaining complex problems or situations
- Extensive experience in leading and managing groups of self-directed professionals
Additional Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current DR planning techniques and technologies, as well as the methods used to perform risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Working knowledge of data and voice telecommunications to assist in the preparation of related recovery procedures (for specific technologies i.e. VMware, Windows, REH Linux, CostPoint, Oracle HCM, etc.]
- Technical breadth and depth in IT systems overall and at least one specific IT technology (storage, servers, networking, etc.) in use in SAIC's operations
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises
- Strong oral communication and written communication skills
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.