SAIC is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer in San Diego, CA.
- The individual will determine if engineering and security solutions are practical, reliable and interoperable for the execution/implementation on Navy Networks.
- Provide software architecture, systems engineering, verification and validation.
- Establish major aspects of the system development life cycle (SDLC) requirements, design, implementation, and test.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures and resolving integration issues.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness with existing and emerging infrastructures.
- Assist in development and update of technical documentation for system development.
- Documents may include Concept of Employment, Requirements Traceability Matrix, training documents, white papers, and capability assessment reports.
- Provide recommendations for solving interfaces between PEO C4I PoR capabilities and other Command and Control (C2) capabilities.
- Provide analysis of capabilities and software tools and recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from source as required.
- Provide expertise with security engineering and analysis, architecture, and design.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience. 4 years additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Any of the following Certifications: Security+, Network+, CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- Experience with RMF and NIST compliance standards.
- Experience with Information Assurance and Cyber Security in the DoD
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Windows), network protocols and technologies, web services, databases, scripting, and firewalls
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment
- Ability to brief senior government personnel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of the DOD acquisition process, PEO C4I and NAVWAR (formerly SPAWAR).
- Certifications: PMP, INCOSE, DevOps, CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security +
- Prior Military experience with IO and/or ISR FoS systems.
- Experience with US Navy C4I systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.