SAIC is currently hiring a Senior Systems Engineer (GEOINT / DCGS-A) at INSCOM.
Note: This job is temporarily hybrid due to COVID, and will work 3 weeks in the office at Fort Belvoir, VA and 1 week telework(remote). Eventually the work will go back to 100% in the office at Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Support the modernization and integration of Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and Distributed Common Ground System-Army (DCGS-A) mission applications and infrastructure components fielded to the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Units stationed worldwide.
- Performed Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) operations for Intelligence Community or Department of Defense organizations and has used relevant tools such as ArcGIS or Socket GXP.
- Maintain responsibility for assessment and estimation of development, test, and deployment of products and systems in the DCGS-A family of systems.
- Work closely with the customer, and senior leadership within programs and other systems engineering and development to understand customer requirements and develop solutions from concept to delivery (Fielded deployment).
- Comprehend customer objectives, CONOPS, and requirements and translate those requirements into executable development plans.
- Responsible for overseeing systems implementation and ensuring customer requirements are met in a technical project management role.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years of experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Previous experience with GEOINT
- Performed work using either ArcGIS or Socket GXP or a comparable tool for GEOINT activity.
- Previous experience with DCGS-A program
- Experience with working with the Intelligence Community
- Experience with one or more of the following: system development, software development, hardware development or mission support
- Experience with evaluating engineering proposals and ROMs
- Knowledge of some or all of the following: data architecture, data dissemination, and information security planning
- Experience in intelligence and imagery analysis
- Ability to work at the conceptual level and with program leads, customers and internal teams to ensure successful system development, integration, and deployment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaboration skills for working with senior leadership and external customers.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly (Clearance must be listed and active in JPAS).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.