SAIC is looking for a Senior System Administrator to join our team supporting a mission essential program in support of DOD. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, fast learner, and fully committed to the success of the program. This position will be located in Reston, VA on SAIC site.
Performs day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Collaborate with development team and testing team to prioritize the tasks. Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring installed systems and infrastructure.
- Maintaining and patching systems within a closed/air-gapped network environment.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application, software and system management tools.
- Maintain systems, application and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and work with developers to develop, test and implement possible solutions at the system level for any bottlenecks or issues.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design and implementation of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Periodically assist with DevOps and DevSecOps processes.
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Provide assistance in managing and documenting system configurations.
- Deploy product/solution in support of a DoD contract in capacity of systems administrator.
- Participate in test coordination and oversight for all applications and systems supported by the program.
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configuration of hardware peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube, Fortify and hyper-converged server solutions (e.g. Nutanix).
- Experience managing application LDAP authentication using Active Directory.
- Proven skills and working experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux, specifically Solaris and RHEL.
- Proven skills experience with virtualization and containerization, specifically VMware and RedHat OpenShift.
- Experience managing NFS storage within a virtualized and containerized environment, specifically VMware and RedHat OpenShift.
- Experience managing monitoring and logging services, specifically Nagios, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Syslog and Grafana Loki.
- Experience with automation software, specifically Ansible.
- Experience with scripting using BASH, PowerShell, Python, Perl or equivalents.
- Experience in maintaining networks, specifically using Cisco IOS, OSI Model and TCP/IP.
- Maintaining a multi-node virtualized cluster.
- Solid, proven experience creating automation solutions with Ansible or equivalents (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack).
- Experience maintaining offline repositories for systems.
- Experience building RPMs from source code.
- Experience standing up containerized clusters using RedHat OpenShift..
- Experience implementing and managing VMware-based infrastructures using ESXi and vSphere/vCenter.
- Experience in solving complex problems and finding solutions to them.
- Experience automating daily/weekly tasks in ways that are reproducible (through scripting or automation).
- Experience implementing AD authentication on Linux using SSSD and Kerberos.
- Experience using Windows Certificate Manager as a Certificate Authority (CA) in a closed/air-gapped environment.
- Experience setting up reverse proxies to use SSL/TLS encryption in front of applications using Apache, nginx or equivalent.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.