SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Development, Integration, and Certification Environment (DICE) Service Center Support Program with Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific.
Work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in the Spring/Summer of 2022.
Job Summary: The Systems Engineer will have expertise in the functionality, operation, and configuration of national, theater, and organic sensors and communications systems to provide T&E support of PEO-C4I and PMW 160 systems and associated communications infrastructures to include GCCS-M, Naval Integrated Tactical Environmental System (NITES) – Next Generation, DCGS-N, CANES and ADNS. This includes test planning and scheduling, test procedure development, test execution, troubleshooting, on-site test data collection, analysis, and generation of test reports including performance metrics, testing of new builds, and regression testing.
Specific Duties include:
- Provide technical and engineering expertise, and coordinate with Government Lab operations, engineering, and cybersecurity teams to ensure test event goals and requirements are met in accordance with required test documentation.
- Support installation, configuration, administration, modification, repair, operation, and removal of network C4I systems equipment on various network infrastructures in support of test event execution.
- Provide expertise in support of test and evaluation of systems, such as GCCS-M, NITES – Next Gen, DCGS-N.
- Assist with on-site support at designated Government testing facilities for planning and project engineering of ISNS, CANES, and PEO C4I customers and other locations as required.
- Conduct site surveys, assess and document current site configuration, user requirements, and provide verification and validation of drawings, documentation and configuration recommendations for each facility.
- Support automation of tests (review of automated solutions, scripting, and code creation), automation of baseline validation, and automation to repair deviations to baseline for ISNS, CANES, and Application Integration customers under test to effectively and efficiently deploy automated solutions.
- Assist with setting up and configuring ISNS and interfacing networks, ADNS, Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS), or CANES software and hardware suites to enable replication of an existing problem in the Fleet in support of fault isolation and recommendations to restore functionality.
- Act as Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) of assigned Request for Change (RFC) to evaluate System Integration (SI) RFC technical requirements and prerequisites.
- Support implementation strategy and schedule development for each RFC implementation plan and verification testing.
- Develop test documentation, to include but not limited to EMPs, test plans/procedures/objectives/report.
- Assist with data collection, analysis plans and troubleshooting outages during test events.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all ISNS Baselines, CANES and connecting systems located within the Government test facility, which includes virus protection, patch management, and vulnerability management.
- Perform corrective maintenance, repair or replacement of all test suites of ISNS, CANES, and connecting systems server, storage, workstation, or network equipment in the event of failure or malfunction.
- Configure, modify, and operate C4I systems to include software installation, network configuration, and system administration.
- Utilize performance test tools and/or automated test tools to support events.
- Provide hardware and software assembly, setup, configuration, integration, troubleshooting, and network connectivity support for events.
- Participate in engineering meetings to include Build Readiness Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Event Readiness Reviews and Configuration Management Boards.
Required experience, education, certifications:
- HS diploma/GED Minimum and at least 5 (five) years of relevant experience with PEO-C4I and PMW 160 systems.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Current CompTIA Security+ is required)
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance required.
- Experience with the CANES Hosted Application Connected Systems Integration Manual (HACSIM) and/or ISNS Subsystem Interface List (SSIL) integration manual.
Nice to Have:
- BS/MS in computer sciences or similar field a plus.
- Additional certifications are a plus: such as ITIL I, II, III, Sysadmin
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.