SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Developer with an emphasis software development through out project life cycle to join our team supporting our customer the US Army CORPs of Engineers. This position will reside on the team working with various departments located in the district and across the U.S. This position will be part of an applications development team that is responsible for the upkeep of several applications and new development using various application development platforms.
This role is 100% REMOTE and can be perfomred at any location in the United States.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: client-software and Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- Assists in design and development of application frontend and the database systems.
- Optimizes database systems for performance and reliability.
- Integration, implementing and testing of the application and Database.
- Maintains standard policies for application and database development activities.
- Creates physical and logical database models as per the business requirements.
- Prepares documentations regarding application and database design.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science (or related) and five (5) years or more experience.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, functions, synonyms, and some third-party tools such as Putty, Toad, SQL Developer, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
- DOD Secret Clearance Required, an interim Secret is acceptable to start work.
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification is required to begin work
- MA/MS degree and 10+ years of experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in Oracle DB objects design
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of management
- Experience with Cloud based web applications on Azure, AWS or Internal Private Cloud
- Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change, Configuration and Release Management.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to web and collaboration systems, including IT Service Management processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with USACE, DISA or other military systems
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.