SAIC is actively seeking a Senior Principal Cybersecurity Analyst to join our Military Training team in support of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense/ Readiness (OASD(R)) customer.
Note: Work is onsite at the Pentagon in Washington D.C.
- Work under the OASD(R)’s Office of Military Training Director in the Force Education & Training (FE&T) office in support of Cybersecurity Policy, Analysis and Training.
- Support the Director by providing cybersecurity expertise and drafting statements, testimony, responses, briefings, and talking points to communicate DoD policies, programs, and positions related to cybersecurity policy for diverse external audiences, including Congress, media, military and veteran support organizations, and the public.
- Develop memorandums, information papers, talking points, and briefings for senior DoD leaders that communicate policies, positions, program information, requirements, and requests for action. Responsibilities will include both quick response and longer term assignments.
- Draft policy documents related to cybersecurity in a variety of formats, to include memorandums and instructions. Navigate the DoD issuance process and internal OUSD(P&R) processes for coordination and publication. Coordinate with DoD-wide programs to address cybersecurity policy requirements, including military training, intelligence, electronic warfare, war gaming and simulations.
- Review, research, analyze, and communicate the potential impacts of proposed legislation on DoD policies, programs, and positions related to the cybersecurity readiness of Service members and families. Develop recurring and special interest reports to Congress that communicate DoD policies, programs, and positions.
- Work with other DoD interests and other government and non-governmental interests to provide the most comprehensive cybersecurity preparedness opportunities to the Services.
- Policy Development. Draft policy documents in a variety of formats.
- Congressional and Legislative Affairs. Perform tasks including researching, analyzing proposed legislation, and preparing responses to Congressional inquiries and requirements.
- Travel limited to about 10%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ relevant work; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree.
Required Security Clearance:
- Have an active secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
Required Skills or Experiences:
- Experience working in the Pentagon (military or civilian)
- Experience as a Pentagon staff/action officer (military or civilian)
- Experience working in cybersecurity of intelligence related areas.
- Experience reviewing, responding, and routing policy and directives through staffing and service approval.
- Experience creating and staffing DoD Forms, Directives and Instructions Staffing processes, DoDI Strong communication and writing skills.
- Excellent writing skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balancing priorities.
- Work independently on customer site under general direction from management.
- Represent the organization in direct communication with customers.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.