NISC has openings for Engineering Project Managers to support the Federal Aviation Administration at 21 Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs) throughout the United States. The Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting EnRoute Facilities project team members in executing construction project(s) and to ensure that the work performed is in conformance with the project objectives and the requirements of the specification documents. Primary areas of responsibility include cost and schedule management support, reviewing design documents and facility condition assessment reports, document control, verification of as-builts, supporting quality control, supporting site safety, and following up on closeout documentation. Positions are located in the specified ARTCCs and may require periodic travel (10%).
Location: Positions are located at various FAA ARTCCs (see list below)
Los Angeles ARTCC, Site ID – ZLA, Palmdale, California
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management/Administration and +14 years of experience managing or working on construction and facility projects including field experience and oversight through planning and execution phases. 4 years’ of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to prepare and provide to the customer briefing packages for Program Management Reviews (PMR), En Route Facilities and Building Systems (EFaBS) meetings, Project Management Plans, Schedules, and various pop-up requirements
- Ability to track and report costs, schedule, and technical performance on projects and help identify potential issues at the program and project levels
- Ability to develop Project Management Plans(PMPs) and establish scheduling reports
- Participate in meetings to discuss project execution, schedules, technical performance, and provide recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
- Ability to provide and ensure consistency and accuracy in administering procedures at the project level and in the reporting of project data
- Experience in conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner
- Experience in reviewing and comparing reports and summarizing them for upper management
- Ability to organize and gather data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and organized documentation without assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a specialized team that handles various aspects of project management and coordinate the work if needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and pass FAA screening for positions of public trust.
- Familiarity with FAA Technical Operations.
- Knowledge of and experience in FAA ARTCCs.
- Familiarity with building systems including HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Control Systems, Fire and Annunciation alarm systems, and local construction codes
- Familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and systems in the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Ability to develop cost estimates and validate external cost estimates from vendors
- Experience using Project Management principles for managing construction projects
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma principles and tools for process improvements
- Experience using Lean Construction methodologies
- Skilled in the use of database management and project management software
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
- Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders
- Experience in assessing and identifying construction projects potential risks, and implementing processes and procedures to ensure safety and financial prosperity of the organization
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data in order to estimate time, cost, materials, and labor required for construction projects.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.