SAIC is seeking a Software Developer that can:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Design, implement, and integrate software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilize software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensure efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
- Review and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints.
- Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a either a working CI polygraph test or eligible to get a CI Polygraph.
- Bachelors Degree and 6 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven or more years of experience as a Software Development regardless of Level preferably within the Intelligence Community
- Excellent Communication skills in both written and oral communications.
- Proven Teamwork, leadership and conflict management, and critical thinking skills.
- MS Word: 10+ years
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.