SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Special and Tactical Operations Leader, Warfare Analyst Weapon Systems at NAS Pax River, Patuxent River, MD. The Special and Tactical Operations Leader, Warfare Analyst Weapon Systems will support the U.S. Navy’s Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division Programs (NAWCAD). This program supports the Mission Engineering and Analysis Department (MEAD).
Work will be performed on-site in Patuxent River, MD. Some flex/remote work within the local area will be considered.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2022/Early 2023.
Applies knowledge from experience as a fixed-wing or rotary wing military aircrew or equivalent civilian experience to identify, define, and document technical data for weaponeering, NATOPS, and NTRP (NATIP) products for Naval tactical aircraft and associated weapons systems. Provides analysis of operational suitability of naval aviation platforms, weapons, sensors and systems. Supports system level warfighting assessments and effectiveness analysis; advanced concept employment analysis; analytic support for the pre-acquisition, acquisition, and sustainment of Navy, Joint, and allied systems acquisition process; or modeling and simulations for operational analysis. Develops, prepares, and manages material required for the operator to safely and effectively employ the aircraft and its weapon systems. Requires the ability to develop and present Naval Aviation Missions and Capabilities (NAMC) training seminar material to DoD personnel. Analytic expertise to support technical exchanges, briefings, and workshops in support of recommended tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). May require qualification as contract flight crewmember IAW OPNAVINST 3710.7. Acts as a team leader, developing procedures, managing project efforts and taking the lead in problem resolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare and manage material that contains data required for the operator to safely and effectively employ the aircraft and its weapon systems, facilitating publication updates for new equipment authorized on aircraft as well as updating and maintaining published information for existing equipment and stores in accordance with defined processes. Efforts include lead product developer, technical editorial, graphic artist, configuration management, Weapon System Expert (WSE) and defect change request tracking support.
- Monitor, collect, and incorporate valid NATOPS and NATIP change requests and requests for information, and assess cost and schedule impacts.
- Assess and incorporate platform and weapon software configuration changes into flight clearance products. For example, but not limited to the F-18A-D, F/A-18E/F and EA-18G System Configuration Set (SCS) modifications and E-2D Delta System Software Configuration (DSSC) modifications.
- Provide expertise in various technical publication specifications as NATIP and NATOPS products evolve.
- Develop, present and coordinate instructor training materials and documentation support to include, but not limited to: Weaponeering, Mission Planning, Flight Training, and Controls & Display Pilot Vehicle Interface (PVI) training associated with the SCS prior to IOC of each SCS delivery.
- Produce and deliver interim SCS pilot training courseware in order to bridge the gap between initial release of a new SCS and formal NAMTRA/TSD schoolhouse aircrew training modules delivery.
- Provide training materials to Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Command (NAWDC) and weapons schools for Concept of Operations (CONOPS)/Concept of Employment (CONEMP) coordination and development.
- Produce Fleet introductory and integration initial training and cadre instructor training materials to include, but not limited to:
- Review of software production changes and produce and appropriate train-the-trainer aircrew instructor training modules and simulator curriculum.
- Platform and weapon specific configuration and software changes.
- Provide interim Fleet Replacement Squadron (FRS) courseware for use prior to delivery of the full FRS updated curriculum.
- Develop training materials and Users Guides, and provide training via lectures and/or simulator flight training in support of designated Navy instructor representatives.
- Provide supplementary training lectures and events in support of the Navy instructor representatives via in-person, tele-con, web-enabled or other alternate presentation methods.
- Update and maintain all training materials and Users Guides as they are matured due to fleet feedback and updated system knowledge.
- Develop training curriculums.
- Support fleet questions from introduction and updated materials, manuals, NATOPS/NATIP materials, training material or developed User Guides.
- Provide, via a variety of delivery methods, subject matter expertise to instructors, acquisition offices, and fleet community on the introduction and deployment of new and/or upgrades of weapons systems.
- Support the collection, analysis, reporting and action recommendations of feedback on associated materials, products, events, and training.
- Support fleet and acquisition programs in the planning of flight clearance, operational, and training materials, products, services and activities in support of planned weapons systems upgrade or new programs.
- Support test and training flight activities as an on-board (i.e. contractor flight crewmember) or off-board system observer to support NATOPS/NATIP material development, training materials development and system fleet introduction.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least nine (9) years of recent professional experience with TMS aircraft tactical systems, electronic warfare system, weapon systems employment is required.
- BS/BA degree with specialized military systems training as required by the applicable functional description.
- Pilot, Weapon Systems Officer (WSO), Naval Flight Officer (NFO), or electronic warfare system operator is preferred.
- Other TMS/Weapons may include but not limited to: Rotary, other Fix Wing, NEW JSOW, Harpoon, LRASM, MALD, SDBII and JASSM.
- Secret Clearance minimum with Top Secret preferred.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.