SAIC is seeking a seasoned Security Manager to support multiple Facility Security Officers (FSOs), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSOs), Contractor Special Security Officers (CSSO) on programs in support of multiple Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) customers, within the SAIC Security Organization. This position will be responsible for the management and supervision of personnel and all aspects of the security programs across multiple geographically separated facilities, mostly consisting of the greater Washington DC metro area. This position will also include preparation of security plans, review/enforcement of applicable guidelines, and establishment of procedures for all areas of security to include Personnel Security, Information Security, Physical/Technical Security, Classification Management, Communication Security (COMSEC), and Program Security.
Key duties and/or responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision, management and leadership of multiple FSO/CPSOs/CSSOs
- Candidate will report to the Director of Security for the National Security and Space (NSS) Sector and be a strategic leaded on the CSO’s Security Management team, assisting with driving the direction of the security culture
- Candidate will be a key role model of SAIC’s values by exhibiting: Passion, Empowerment, Integrity, Inclusion and Innovation
- Partner with all areas of the business including, but not limited to: Operations, Proposals, Contracts and Facilities
- Interface with and build relationships with key customers to continue to build upon the stellar SAIC Security reputation
- Provide performance expectations/reviews, facilitate goal setting and merit discussions with personnel
- Travel to sites to assist FSOs/CPSOs/CSSOs and provide management support for all government inspections
- Approve/disapprove time/expenses for personnel
- Provide strategic planning in partnership with management for current/changing program/facility requirements
- Train/equip/mentor/develop FSOs/CPSOs/CSSOs
- Recruit and staff security positions as required
- Provide proposal support/development for emerging, potential opportunities
- Knowledge of how to initiate, maintain and terminate personnel security clearances in government databases, such as the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency’s Defense Information Security System (DISS) Joint Verification System (JVS) and in other Intelligence Community (IC) databases
- Knowledge of how to manage all aspects of Intelligence Community Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) and Department of Defense (DoD) cleared facilities in accordance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM – 32 CFR Part 117) and other IC/DoD guidelines to maintain accreditation and Facility Clearance (FCL)
- Investigate security incidents and violations; prepare reports of investigations for the corporation and customers, making specific recommendations for corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare Security Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlining customer guidelines and establishing procedures for the handling, storing, and transportation of program assets
- Prepare Systems Security Plans (SSPs) and Fixed Facility Checklists (FFCs) in accordance with customer guideline
- Manage document control and program asset management and accountabilit
- Process visit authorizations, personnel access request
- Assist with meeting preparation, employee and visitor badging, circulation control and general facility management dutie
- Assist with management of classified information system
- Assist system administrator with decommissioning of system
- Prepare DD-254
- Perform administrative and general office duties as needed
- Candidate must have minimum of 10 years' experience in industrial security leadership, and management of multiple programs/customers for a geographically separated team.
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
- Experience with DoD and IC agencies’ proposal processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), Executive Orders, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills/briefing skills; communicate with senior level internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and independent decision making with minimal direct supervision while representing the security organization.
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis.
- Must have experience utilizing DoD and IC databases, to include NISS,FIAT, DISS, JVS, SCT and Scattered Castles.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill are critical to the success of this position.
- Must have current/maintain TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph.
- Ability to travel to support other locations.
- Knowledge of DoD/IC SAP programs.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.