SAIC is seeking a Senior Cyber Engineer to join its team at our office in Washington, D.C. or Dahlgren, VA.
The Senior Cyber Engineer will focus on ensuring the cybersecurity of the Navy's most important Weapon System at sea. The Cyber Engineer will develop, evaluate and route AEGIS Weapon System Risk Management Framework packages to obtain this system's Authority to Operate (ATO). Work may include high-level cyber security analysis and/or managing various other weapon systems interfaces with AEGIS within this ship's combat system enclave. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineering experts developing and maintaining this system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes vulnerabilities and implements security controls within US Navy AEGIS Weapon System while developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- Works all steps of the RMF process.
- Drafts packages at home, in the office and mostly at US Navy SIPRnet sites.
- Visits land based test sites, mostly in Dahlgren, VA, to verify configuration and to ensure scans are conducted properly.
- Tracks RMF package completion and answers questions of the Approval Authority, ISSM and other organizations.
- Works with a large gov't and contractor team to develop solutions and fix errors.
- Works with AEGIS developers on future combat system solutions to increase cybersecurity.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum Navy cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s degree and three (3) years or more experience. Four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience working RMF packages, preferably for weapons systems.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an active Interim Secret security clearance. Must be able to obtain Secret clearance. Active clearances accepted.
- Advanced cybersecurity and computer networking certifications (e.g. CISSP).
- Land based test site experience, preferably supporting AEGIS Weapons System development at NSWC DD, CSEDS or SCSC WI.
- Extensive experience planning for, conducting, and evaluating scans, preferably of weapons systems.
- Experience designing, operating or maintaining the AEGIS Weapon System.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.