SAIC is seeking a Test Site Engineer specializing in Land-Based AEGIS weapon systems to join our team in Washington, D.C. or Dahlgren, VA.
As part of an Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the Test Site Engineer will help manage the development and management of all AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Baseline (BL). In this role, the Test Site Engineer will provide direct support the respective AEGIS BL Assistant Program Manager (APM) at the Washington Navy Yard and at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWC DD) in Dahlgren, VA. The Test Site Engineer will focus on managing the AEGIS Weapon System Land Based Test Sites at NSWC DD, Moorestown, NJ and Wallops Island, VA. One of the most important functions involved with this management will be to ensure proper AWS configurations are maintained to support cyber security scans needed to achieve the Authority to Operate (ATO) under the cybersecurity Risk Management Framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating Commercial off the Shelf SW, processors, peripherals and displays for future BLs.
- Maintaining AWS LBTS in the most efficient configuration to support the many AEGIS baselines in the fleet.
- Procure the HW needed to maintain operationally representative configurations to replicate at sea conditions.
- Help plan tests to verify operational effectiveness and suitability in areas such as reliability, maintainability, availability, cost, cybersecurity and training.
- Work with the training community to adequate training facilities are maintained at the sites.
- Reviewing Computer Program Correction Reports (CPCR), determine priorities and implement BL solutions.
- Work with sailors, fleet representatives, developers and prime vendors (e.g., LMCO).
- Drafting and/or supervising RMF package development for AWS baselines.
- Working with cyber experts to help develop AEGIS BL cybersecurity controls.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s degree and three (3) years or more experience. Four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience with the AEGIS Weapon System or similar Integrated Combat System in the supporting program office, prime vendor or as an operator or maintainer.
- Experience working with one of the AEGIS Land based Test Sites, specifically Combat Systems Development Site in Moorestown, NJ; Wallops Island, VA; or AEGIS Training and Readiness Center or Integrated Warfare Systems Lab in Dahlgren, VA. Such experience could involve configuration management, maintenance or operation of these facilities; experience as an end user (e.g., student, program office manager or vendor) may be considered.
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity principles contained within the Risk Management Framework.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an active Interim Secret security clearance. Active clearances accepted.
- DOD developmental or operational Test and Evaluation experience at any level.
- Advanced Cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP.
- Experience working RMF packages, preferably for Navy weapon systems.
- Experience procuring and selecting computer HW.
- Experience managing Navy HW contracts.
- Extensive experience managing or maintaining an AWS LBTS.
- Experience identifying financial, personnel and IT resource requirements, conducting market research of tools and computing infrastructure, executing trade studies and drafting vendor contract requirements.
- Combat System engineering or maintenance experience, especially related to the AEGIS computing infrastructure, display consoles and support equipment.
- Civilian, contractor, or military US Navy experience at sea or in a position directly supporting the fleet or the development of the fleet; providing for relative operational experience.
- Acquisition Program office experience, preferably within PEO IWS, PEO SHIPS or PEO C4I. Warfare Center experience (e.g., NSWC Dahlgren Division, NSWC Port Hueneme Division).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.