SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer experienced with AEGIS Navy Weapon Systems to join our team in Washington, D.C. or Dahlgren, VA.
As part of an Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the Senior Software Engineer will help manage the development and management of all AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Baseline (BL). The Senior Software Engineer will focus on managing information technology supporting baseline development, especially regarding software development and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the Common Source Library, a software repository containing the latest configuration common to all baselines of various components of the AEGIS Computer Program.
- Evaluating Commercial Off the Shelf SW, processors, peripherals and displays for future BLs.
- Reviewing Computer Program Correction Reports (CPCR), determine priorities and implement BL solutions. Work with sailors, fleet representatives, developers and prime vendors (e.g., LMCO).
- Working with cyber experts to help develop AEGIS BL cybersecurity controls.
- Applying advanced virtualization, DEVOPS and Agile SW development concepts to BL development.
- Helping to managing Combat System Engineering Agent (prime vendor/OEM) contracts.
- Coordinating AWS software certification with various stakeholders including Program Resource Acquisition Managers.
- Facilitating development of Integrated Data Environments to develop and deliver SW and to manager broader system engineering and acquisition efforts within a model based system engineering environment. Employee engineering tools such as MS Teams and Informedb, a web-based, integrated data repository that enables knowledge management at all levels.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s degree and three (3) years or more experience. Four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience managing software upgrades and lifecycle management.
- Extensive knowledge of software configuration control and requirements management methods.
- Extensive knowledge of software testing practices.
- Experience working with advanced software development and maintenance tools, such as IBM’s Rational Suite.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active clearances accepted.
- Experience identifying financial, personnel and IT resource requirements, conducting market research of tools and computing infrastructure, executing trade studies and drafting vendor contract requirements.
- Combat System engineering or maintenance experience, especially related to the AEGIS computing infrastructure or the AEGIS Computer program.
- Civilian, contractor or military US Navy experience at sea or in a position directly supporting the fleet or the development of the fleet; providing for relative operational experience.
- Acquisition Program office experience, preferably within PEO IWS, PEO SHIPS or PEO C4I. Warfare Center experience (e.g., NSWC Dahlgren Division, NSWC Port Hueneme Division).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.