SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer Principal based out of the Reston, VA office.
Join a high-performing Classified Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape Network & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC’s most critical missions. This is a Hybrid position that will include up to 15% of travel to local Northern Virginia offices and one work from home day.
What Our Team Does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant networks and systems supporting diverse applications and functions at numerous levels.
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance to meet business objectives
- Maintains concurrency with Government and organizationally defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution when needed to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What Our Team Delivers:
- Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant hardware, software, and system-based solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
- CI/CD updates to Networks and Network Configurations in support of various customer compliance frameworks including RMF, NIST800-171/53, and specialized requirements
- Partnership and Support for Stakeholders, including Consumers and Operations teams, ensuring solutions are supportable and effective in meeting the mission objective.
- Collaboration, expertise and engagement in multiple Corporate Communities of Practice/Excellence in Technical and Non-Technical Domains.
- On-site deployment, engagement, and engineering support in controlled environments on a regular basis.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in Network Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- History working with, supporting, and deploying USG and DOD Networking concepts (e.g. SIPR, NIPR, EWAN, ICD) a must
- Must be able to meet/obtain an IAT level 2 or 3 certification within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have an active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Juniper, Cisco based network infrastructure. Experience managing encryption hardware, cabling infrastructure, etc. a plus.
- Experience with Network integration/automation solutions, automated configuration management, and/or the tools capable of supporting intelligent operations.
- Demonstrated history deploying and delivering complex IT solutions in close conjunction with Information Assurance and Governance Teams.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Networking Operations Tools, Processes, and Solutions (e.g. Solarwinds, IPAM, etc.)
- Security and Technical Domain coursework and certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, CASP+, CISSP, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation/administration guides.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Familiarity with common Server and Workstation (Windows and Linux) commands and system configurations as needed to complete objectives.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and simplifying complex Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME’s and resources external and internal.
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to appear on webcam in remote team meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively
- Experience Provisioning and Managing Cloud Networking & Deployment of Cloud services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds)
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.