SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Engineer/System Administrator (AWS) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Primarily responsible for defining and implementing operational readiness and monitoring for cloud-hosted, server less, and cloud native applications
- Work closely with software developers, production support, and information security to automate and support infrastructure and tooling in cloud-based platforms
- Leverage infrastructure-as-code (IaC) to architect and provision all workload resources and components using cloud-agnostic and/or cloud-native tooling
- Apply automated deployment tool sets and infrastructure including environments and code management using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Build solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements. Integrate on premise solutions with Cloud resources
- Develop testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements
- Monitor application performance and detect conditions affecting the health of IT cloud services in various cloud platforms
- Perform and/or support response activities for operational and security incidents
- Drive the implementation and rollout of application reliability, including disaster recovery
- Provide guidance and apply agile and DevOps/DevSecOps practices to streamline product delivery and reliable operations of products
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate and save time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to receive a Security Clearance / Public Trust
- Experience with programming tools, computer interfaces, and application architectures
- Experience designing, deploying and monitoring infrastructure in public clouds (AWS, Azure) using Infrastructure as Code
- Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to establish operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment build tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Knowledge of developing solutions in an iterative (agile) approach
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Knowledge of system configuration tools and implementation of architectural frameworks
- Expertise with build automation tools– Jenkins
- Knowledge of source code control management systems and configuration management (Git and Rational preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Linux Admin: Maintain/upgrade Linux packages, security, networking, performance tuning, system resource management, capacity planning, user process monitoring.
- Knowledge of scripting languages; Linux Scripting: Fluent on Linux scripting e.g. Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, or similar
- Experience with Knowledge of container orchestration solution; Docker image creation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, dealing with user requests and issues, image compatibility.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.