SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Space and Ground communications systems to join our Chantilly, VA team. The candidate will provide Systems Engineering Technical Advisory (SETA) support to a Government program office. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
- Applies technical knowledge to assist customer in the design and development of solutions to complex technical engineering and applications problems, network challenges, or system administration issues.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
- Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the customer's infrastructure
- Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise IT or engineering needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture.
- Assist the customer in defining systems architecture strategy, provide leadership, oversight and technical guidance to the systems integration program, and perform cross-discipline activities required to support enterprise architecture decision-making and assessment of alternatives in relation to the customer’s enterprise alignment initiatives.
- Lead or participate in the development of system architectures to evolve mission services.
- Identify, document and recommend potential architectural and portfolio options through Analysis of Alternatives (AoA).
- As part of the AoA process, be prepared to provide risk analysis, cost analysis, capability and technology gap assessments, and vendor assessments.
- Assess new technologies for fit-for-use by missions services.
- Translate customer needs into program requirements.
- Build strategies and roadmaps in coordination with customer leadership.
- Proactively engage customer leadership to provide value-added influence to innovative ways to address new initiatives and hard problems.
- Capture and maintain architecture configurations for strategic initiatives via standard tools and product types as defined by stakeholders.
- Develop and present plans and status to customer and community stakeholders.
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues and risk management efforts, providing a sound systems engineering approach and an enterprise perspective.
- Actively participate in readiness events to protect the system integrity of mission initiatives.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related technical field.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly.
- Experience in IC mission system architectures or communications systems design and development.
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility.
- Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer domain experience.
- Experience consulting and developing use cases for customer’s use in determining way forward in addressing capability planning and investment.
- Certifications related to functional responsibilities such as but not limited to Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.