Provide advanced senior level knowledge and expertise in the day-to-day operational functions in support of the USDA's storage environment with a high-level emphasis on NetAPP and StorageGRID. Provide on-site and on-call coverage for all storage systems and sub-systems. Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects related to the storage environment. Highly motivated to increase technological expertise in storage operations and support and keeps abreast of technological developments and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide the following support services:
- Work locally or remotely with USDA technical resources to perform deployment, configuration, customization, and integration of enterprise storage environments.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly checks on enterprise storage devices in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Assist in development of system alerts for monitoring of services within the IOD supported network and the associated hardware systems.
- Participate in review, analysis, troubleshooting and coordination with project managers, federal administrators, and customers of the storage service.
- Respond appropriately to alerts, health reports or tickets related to NetApp performance errors, drive failures, logic errors, controller issues, LUN failures and similar items (based on the criticality of the issue)
- Perform storage SAN Switch (currently MDS 9000) administration and support (infrequent occurrences)
- Analyze/triage and proactively react/respond to the errors and determine best resolution.
- Resolve all storage issues including drive failures, LUN issues, and other core configuration related outages or errors.
- Escalate to federal SME/COR if no resolution can be determined or if the problem has potential consequences.
- Provide a monthly report on drive failures, LUN issues and other core configuration related outages or errors, failure rates, space management recommendations and other items based on manufacturer guidelines.
- Troubleshoot/replace storage hardware in all USDA storage locations: Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO; Washington DC, and Beltsville, MD.
- Implement security controls, create/update documentation, to include configuration and automated processes, and develop project plans/tasks lists.
- Provide support to develop and maintain required system and change related documentation, including configuration documents, storage administration request form, change and release management packages, and other storage related support documents.
- Provide support to develop and maintain a recovery plan with detailed steps and contact information in the case of a disaster.
- Using Grid Manager, On-Tap, and OCUM, monitor and assess the overall performance of the storage environment and providing recommendations for continuous improvement, to
- implement and/or to restore optimal performance.
- Stay technologically current on the USDA’s Storage infrastructure, including best practices, vendor alerts, upgrades, next evolution of code, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field and six (6) years or more experience;
- Must have a full technical understanding of NetAPP, StorageGRID, On-Tap, and OCUM
- Experience with these technology areas must be recent (within last 2 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written), experience in developing and implementing policies, plans, and procedures
- Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases and peripherals.
- Highly motivated to elevate technological experience and keeping abreast of technological developments in the area of storage operations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience with implementing large enterprise storage architectures using NetApp and StorageGRID technologies.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.