The qualified applicant will support the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP). The applicant will provide support through advanced computer modeling & simulations and the production of detailed technical assessments and performance estimates for Space Object Surveillance and Identification (SOSI) systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead computer mod sim efforts to estimate adversary and audience SOSI technical performance, in particular the ability to detect, identity, track, and characterize spacecraft components, functions, and events
- Lead evaluations using astrodynamics/orbital mechanics tool suites for novel analysis and visualization of results, which if required may include generation of code
- Identify likely on-orbit characteristics and observables of future Blue systems, inform requirements, and support system architecture design, fielding, and deployment decisions
- Translate results of evaluations and assessments to inform mission and campaign analysis involving offensive & defensive activities and Red & Blue capabilities
- Use engineering judgment to fill in knowledge gaps regarding CONOPS and performance parameters
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) in an aerospace-related engineering field (e.g., aerospace, mechanical, physics, or electrical)
- Must maintain a TS/SCI clearance and be able to be cleared for Special Access Program/Required (SAP/SAR) clearance level
- 2+ years experience with state-of-the art SOSI analysis tools and techniques related to multi-phenomenon SOSI capabilities and emerging threats, to include optical, SIGINT, and RF
- Expert proficiency with orbital dynamics tools (e.g., OD++, STK, SOAP, Freeflyer)
- Experience with satellite rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO)/formation flying
- Knowledge of space domain awareness and offensive & defensive space control
- Must understand and assimilate intelligence threat analysis and technical space-related data to produce coherent written analysis suitable for senior leadership
- Understanding of foreign threats to U.S. space assets and capabilities
- Working knowledge of the need for integration of intelligence and military space capabilities
- Experience working in SAP/SAR environments
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently as well as lead multiple activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solving/critical thinking in complex space scenarios as part of an analytical team at both the tactical and operational levels of space operations planning
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.