SAIC is seeking a Configuration Analyst Principal to assist the NSWC Crane Hypersonic Systems Engineering Team in developing and implementing Configuration Management (CM) processes, authoring documentation/policy, and applying CM best practices for a hypersonic developmental program working to establish formal processes.
NOTE: Position will either be staffed onsite at Crane or remotely in the Washington, DC or Huntsville, AL areas. Salary will adjust based on location.
- The Candidate will assist the Crane CPS CM lead in formulating big picture strategic ideas to drive CM strategy for the program (including CM processes for the CPS Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) test environment) in a rapid development environment; enable processes that will prepare the program for Program of Record requirements; help the program obtain technical and data driven solutions; and evaluate and recommend engineering, CM, and Data Management (DM) tools.
- The Candidate will apply sound configuration management practices to ever evolving technical program baseline(s), and ensure configuration items are correct, complete, and consistent in compliance with technical and programmatic requirements.
- This position will require heavy interface with a variety of Government National Team program stakeholders (government, Prime Contractor, National Labs) as well as various Government/contractor working groups that span functional areas (systems engineering, hardware & software engineering, logistics).
- In this role, the Candidate will be responsible for tracking all aspects of system development, product design changes and the effects on the overall system. The Candidate will ensure configuration identification; prepare and process change documentation; facilitate change review boards; help structure and maintain databases; and generate configuration status reports and configuration verification audit records sheets.
- This position must be filled in Crane, IN, Huntsville, AL, or Washington, DC and requires regular access to classified information.
- Position does allow for a hybrid schedule with some telework when not needed at the customer site.
REQUIRED EXPIERENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years' experience (5+ in CM)
- Formal Configuration Management Certificate (i.e., CMII, CMPIC, CMTF)
- CM Leadership experience (experience with both developmental and sustainment programs desired).
- Background in Software CM (SCM) and Agile processes (desired)
- DoD Acquisition program experience (Navy program experience preferred).
- PMP or DAWIA Level II or III certification (desired)
- Experience with a variety of Product Life Cycle Management and Data Management, and Software CM Tools (Windchill and Aras experience desired).
- Familiarity with MBSE, and experience with model management (desired)
- Abiltiy to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Must be a US citizen
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.