SAIC and the Proposal Development Center (PDC) is seeking a Senior Proposal Leader/Business Unit (BU) Liaison in the Reston/Chantilly, VA area. This role reports to the Director of Proposals and supports the National Security & Space (NSS) Proposal Team comprised of proposal leads, proposal managers, proposal writers, and proposal coordinators. The Senior Proposal Leader works closely with the NSS Sector BUs, specifically business development, capture, and operational teams, as a liaison and supports development and delivery of high-scoring, high-quality, and compliant Federal Government proposals. This position is a hybrid role of onsite and remote work. Occasional travel may be possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- PDC BU Leader to support proposal development activities for top priority opportunities
- Work with Director of Proposals and proposal team leads to ensure PDC leadership coverage of NSS Sector/BU top ranked opportunities.
- Collaborate with PDC proposal team leads, PDC resource manager, BU business development, capture, and operational leadership to forecast and obtain adequate resources based on pipeline needs.
- Lead/facilitate/drive proposal-related discussions with capture management, business development, and operational leadership to define and document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, features and benefits, and strengths at the level required for a compelling proposal response and high-scoring artifacts.
- Support the development of proposal-related artifacts through formal/informal proposal readiness, content development, strengths assessments, and reviewing proposal content during review cycles.
- Participate in color reviews, lead or convene color teams and support color team package development. Be available to support color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Support proposal compliance, checking submissions for compliance throughout the proposal cycle for NSS BUs.
- Service Level Support as a BU Liaison
- BU Liaison to provide service-level support directly to the NSS Sector BU(s) through direct engagement with BU leaders and communicating changes to PDC processes/templates/tools
- Exercise proposal thought leadership during business development/capture related meetings/discussions such as gate reviews, solution discussions, and capture management meetings.
- Deploy Sector/BU communication campaigns in collaboration with PDC leadership and Proposal Excellence Manager.
- Work with BU and PDC leadership to address and resolve proposal-related concerns. Communicate, escalate, and mitigate proposal risks.
- Leverage government debrief and win/loss information to better prepare proposal management, business development, capture management, and operational leadership for future opportunities.
- PDC Training & Process/Tool Improvement Support
- Assist the Proposal Excellence Manager and collaborate with PDC leadership in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development and share these with NSS BUs to improve BU understanding of best practices.
- Work collaboratively with the Proposal Excellence Manager and PDC leadership to develop the BU’s understanding of proposal development practices and processes through leading formalized training offerings and/or just-in-time trainings when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (can be substituted with 4 years of additional experience)
- 15 to 18 years of professional experience in a competitive Federal Government environment
- At least 10 years of experience specifically in a proposal development leadership role (Director-level, Division/Sector Leader, or Team Lead) leading teams of at least 10 contributors while working complex deals valued above $100M
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Trained in Shipley Proposal Processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work strategically and tactically
- Ability to solve complex problems through creative solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse group of contributors and leaders
- Ability to work extended hours to meet internal and government deadlines
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
- Secret Clearance or above
- Master’s degree
- APMP Certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.