Job ID: 2205450
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator (SA). The Senior SA will part of a 4-5 member staff of systems administrators. The SA will be responsible for managing all facets of a customer network to include networking (switches, cabling, network planning), a large inventory of VMware ESXi blade servers, HP storage, Windows and Linux servers and workstations, AWS Cloud technologies, a VOIP network, and a VTC network that connects organizations across international boundaries.
The SA will be the primary SME for specific technical components of the infrastructure, including the international CISCO VOIP network, Polycom VTC network, Windows Active Directory network, including provisioning servers, applying updates via an Enterprise WSUS solution, MS Exchange systems, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing O&M for the virtualized environments (VMware vCenter 7.0, to include ESXi and distributed switches).
• Provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
• Providing configuration management to include authoring technical documentation, process changes, and inventory control.
• O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, PDQ, and audit solutions.
• Experience with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
• Experience configuring network switches, VLANs, and network protocols.
• Knowledge in security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs to comply with DISA STIGS as well as addressing Tenable Nessus scan results.
• Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
• Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
• Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
• Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 14 years of experience or 12 years with Masters. Relevant year of experience may be sutstituted in lieu of degree.
• MS Windows Server (focus on Active Directory, Group Policy)
• MS Exchange
• VMware management
• Storage engineer/administrator (3PAR, NetApp, etc.)
• Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.