SAIC is seeking a principal Linux systems engineer to contribute in systems development & deployment, messaging processing & analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Navy and joint branches of the DoD. We are seeking an innovative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Daily work will be conducted onsite at the Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific (NIWC PAC) located in Old Town, San Diego, California.
- Works with a team responsible to develop, integrate, test, and deploy a new system that is isolated from the internet.
- Establish and maintain a GIT repository wthin a development environment isolated from internet.
- Create, install, and maintain containers with pre-built software applications in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment.
- Provide system administration support for RHEL based servers.
- Provide configuration and administration support for VMware vSphere and NSX.
- Provide installation, configuration, and administration support for database, identity and access management, and messaging services incorporated into a Platform as a Service (PaaS) infrastructure.
- Assist with the design and implementation of a PaaS.
- Develop scripts to support testing of platform services exposed to applications running within containers. Assist test team with development of automated and manual test procedures.
- Document system configurations and administration processes.
- Active DOD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain DOD Top Secret.
- Current CompTIA Security+, CASP+, and/or CISSP certification.
- Current CompTIA Linux+ and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
- Desired: VMware Certified Professional
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- HS or GED and 13 years of experience; or BS Degree with 9 years of related experience; or MS Degree with 7 years of related experience.
- IT system engineer experience with design, system administration, documentation, testing and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems.
- Experience designing or administering PaaS (Platform as a Service) infrastructure.
SPECIFIC TOOLS EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration
- Experience with LINUX/ UNIX administration, installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- 5+ years VMware vSphere and/or VMware NSX-T
- 3+ years Docker Container deployment and administration
- Experience in App Containerization technology to include Docker, Openshift, & Kubernetes
- 3+ years GIT Repository setup/configuration and administration
- 3+ years Podman, Buildah, Skopeo, and/or runC
- 3+ years RedHat OpenShift administration
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE A PLUS:
- ActiveMQ Administration
- Mongo Database Administration
- OpenAm or Forgerock Access and Identity Manager Administration.
- JFrog Xray
- Experience with or understanding of Python, Ruby, Perl, Java
- Experience Designing, Development, Integration of DevSecOps tools, Build Automation, Configuration Management, Build/Release and Delivery Management, CI/CD, involving cloud infrastructure services like ( Amazon Web Services ) as well as Cloud Migration services using Cloud formation and Terraform templates
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Powershell, or Puppet
- Experience using Powershell, Python, YAML, or Ruby scripting languages for automation
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.